What's new

Why do people use 321 invisibility?

dr1

Noob
I have been reading the forums and people mention 321 invisibility and I really don't understand what it does.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
You only go invisible if you have your x-ray glasses on.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If you do 3 2 1 Acid Hand (or Acid Slide which I don't recommend) enough to the point where they start watching for it, you might be able to trick them with Inivisibility. It's all about making them second-guess themselves.

Of course I don't quite play Reptile, so I'll leave this thread up to the ones who do.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The execution frames is somewhere between 10-15, just not very sure about the actual data. They use it as sort of a frame trap and to hide their following mix ups.

you can "see" Reptile still but it still hides visual queues for block patterns.

EX invisibility is actually very safe to cancel into, start up is probably slightly faster 8-11 frames I'm guessing. This allows reptile to jail you and then follow it up with another string.

It takes 12 blocked attacks to build a meter so Jip, 321 ex invisibility 321/1221 = 7/8 ticks.

You can utilize the normal one until you see opponents poking out, then flip the frame advantage on them with EX and land a string. EX is of course safer and completely hides you

Long story short, its just tricks.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
321 Invis on block isn't something I'd recommend. If you want to incorporate invis in your mix up game 32-invis is much preferred (unless your playing Sonya or Kung Lao).

2 invis on hit grants you a free safe jump. Also I believe 2 invis is much more safe than any other interation as 2 on block provides pushback.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont get why you'd do it against any character that has a move faster than 11 frames, which is Reptiles fastest string. Consdering a majority of the cast have moves that are 10 frames or quicker you're gonna get punished. Doesnt matter if its 32invis 3invis or 321invis its the same rule. And considering the string is 0 on block all the way through why would you do that?

RapZiLLa54

I dont get why you'd do it against any character that has a move faster than 11 frames, which is Reptiles fastest string. Consdering a majority of the cast have moves that are 10 frames or quicker you're gonna get punished. Doesnt matter if its 32invis 3invis or 321invis its the same rule. And considering the string is 0 on block all the way through why would you do that?
Oh I absolutely agree but its not a terrible idea to throw out there after you've conditioned your opponent with either 1221- 122ender or 321-ender.

Also wouldn't 32invis into dash be a complete frame trap? Shouldn't I be able to punish you with dash before you could even get your jab out?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
we know its not completely safe ive played with it aloooot and found that good players will almost neeever fall for 321 invis 32invis and are starting to catcchup fast on 3invis. i feel like 1invis is the least predictable.
also no offense but i dont get what the fascination with 2invis is. i understand it gives u a free jump in but 2 itself is sooo slow and has horrible recovery.. i feel like its wayy too much of a hassle to land

RapZiLLa54

2 is the exact same frames as 1 and provides pushback on block to make up for the slower recovery time than 1. So not sure what you're talking about.

2 invis is safer and if hits you are complete advantage so I'm not sure why you consider it more of a hassle when its the complete opposite.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Youre wondering why people use 321~invisibility?

Im still curious as to how people can even play as Reptile.
Hes clunky as hell >.>

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It's okay to throw out once in a while, but generally, trying to go invisible within strings is actually a pretty bad idea, because against better opponents you'll just get poked out of it.

The best normals to even attempt an invisibility cancel from are 2 and d4. They are by far the best ways to attack into invisibility and not get smacked out of it. 2 has the added ability of being a safe jump on hit. In general, though, the best times to do invisibility are generally whenever you can throw it out and not get smacked for it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
321 invis is a combo ender, not a blockstring.
Sure Mr. "I do 321 x Invis , throw. It's my move stop doing that cry cry whine whine"

I DO WHAT I WANT

--------------------------------

But what I sometimes do is 32 x Invis , D4 x Acid Hand to catch people who try to poke out of it off guard.