What's new

Why are there so many MK sites?

Tim Static

Adminerator
In the interest of convenience and having the community all together, I think it would be great to see some merging. I imagine that would be hard, though, as I imagine site owners would be hesitant to do that. Still, I think it'd be for the best.

How about an IRC channel? SRK has #capcom, DL has #dustloop...why not make one for MK? Or perhaps there is already one, and I just don't know about it...?
Yup working on it. :D

Warplay

Noob
TYM has to be the best MK site I've been to. Experimented with others, some were too dead, some had a dull community, and TRMK perma-banned me for absolutely no reason. I signed up for their site, made a couple good posts and they left me with a ban message saying, "Goodbye Konkarite(SP?)" or something like that. No idea what that means, but luckily it happened because this forum is much better in my opinion. TRMK seemed a bit childish, and lived up to it by banning me for no reason what so ever. Wtf is a Konkarite anyway?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Since getting into MK9 and trying to learn the game, I looked for the what sites have information and wondered why are there so many? Thinking about other communities, they just have 1 site per developer/game (SRK, TZ, DL, ect) while MK has sites like TYM, TRMK, UMK, CMK, and MKU (and are there maybe more?). I would think that all these sites would just spread out and separate the MK community.

And BTW: I don't mean this to be disrespectful to any of the sites, just curious if some MK vets can explain.
Whata are you talking about ? Theres only two TYM and MKU :)

jk, dukes flaming :)

lobo

woof.
We used to have the Shoutbox but we get a lot of traffic so it overloads the Shoutbox and causes problems with the site. We've been working on some ideas for chatrooms instead of a Shoutbox though.
http://8wayrun.com/chat/

works great regardless of traffic. :D it is a xenforo mod, but there is something quite similar for vb4. pm me and we can talk more if ya guys are really interested, though i'm sure STORMS is already looking into it.

also, on topic; i made the 'mistake' of calling MKU a site for casuals and what happened? they threw their best at me on PSN to prove me wrong. now i have steady, good competition. i've learned that regardless of the site content, there are lots of good players there, and the shoutbox is the easiest way to quickly find competition and avoid the scourge of garbage that is the general chat rooms on psn/xbl. i'd LOVE to have an active embedded IRC channel or javachat or something similar here at TYM for quick matchmaking. that is the one thing that would truly set TYM above the 'competition'.

as a quick solution, i've set up an IRC channel, #testyourmight, through geekshed, which is the server we use at 8wayrun. you can use any IRC client and joining in it is simple;

1: connect to server; irc.geekshed.net
2: enter command; /join #testyourmight

and bam, we have a chat room.