What's new

who is the best rush down / offensive char in mk2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammud

Noob
You got it pretty much perfect, cept I think Jax's rush is more powerful than Kitana. That is assuming you put em in order like that.

REO

Undead
thanks scheiss, btw was that list in order from best to worst? im thinking of just maining kitana since im gonna be joining mk2 at tourneys for fun, so i rather have a char im gonna use set in stone from here on out. and i tend to always do better with chars with best offensive options.

ded

Elder God
I'm not very deep into competetive mk2, but isnt sub suppossed to have good jab pressure too?

ded_ said:
I'm not very deep into competetive mk2, but isnt sub suppossed to have good jab pressure too?
nah sub cant really do anything with jab pressure, his inside game has a few tricks but basically they're good only once or twice. It doesn't take long for you opponent to realize he can just lay you out with an uppercut while sub stands there wiffing like a dip shit.

best rush down is kitana in my opinion. it seems like she was basically created to rush down. Fan swipes are amazing for chip damage, he jabs are great, her trip is great, her roundhouse is tight and very nice to finish jab combos with, fans linked after a JK is basically a gimme combo for big damage. and her flying punch catches anyone trying to escape.
not to mention her fan lift.....

playing good kitana's is no fun. If you want to see some serious rush down skills watch Caldwells Kitana. once he gets you its basically all over.

ScheissNussen said:
Yeah I'm not really sure how to explain it with Kitana, I just feel more comfortable with her.
Her attacks recovery pretty quickly, give good damage, good(swipe) to great range (sweep), uppercut is good for chip as well if they opponent just wont stop blocking.

But I think the main reason why she is such a good rushdown character is because all of these moves flow into each other so well. Jabs go right into fan swipe and vice versa so easily it keeps your opponent second guessing what you are going to do next. If they are pushed back a bit, they don't know if you are going to throw out a long range sweep so you can continue or if they should jump and get flying punched.

If you do get a flying punch you can throw the fan after it connects and get a fairly safe jump in for more rush.
i see jumping as kitanas big weakness. If you can get her up in the air, i feel like she loses alot of her effectiveness. I fear kitana players who walk me down.

I think I would pretty much have to agree with your assessment of the rushdown characters Scheiss. I would have to include mileena as one of the best also. Everybody is so fearful of sais or getting rolled that they crouch up alot allowing for easy jab pressure. Like you said, she doesn't need it, but i'm the type of guy that doesn't like to sais spam my opponent to death. Raiden is the man in the right hands though. Its hard as hell to escape someone that mixes it up well with raiden. Fear of the shock grab and torpedo keeps most players in turtle mode, which also allows for easy jab/ sweep mix up. David Gem comes to mind. Jax is just too easy punish close up. His jabs are high enough to where any character can use the old crouching lp to uppercut combo to escape. Just make sure you're holding down and back when you're doing the crouching lp to avoid getting quad slammed. Liu kang just sucks at rushdown, which is why i hate using him. Shang is definitely bad ass, but its not so easy getting in close enough to take advantage of it. A good player will just let you hit him a few times to get pushed back. Johnny cage can actually be quite effective, but not many people are very polished with him. You can really keep your opponent guessing by mixing up jabs, karate chops( f+hp), nutcrackers, and that launch kick( f+hk or lk). Baraka is pretty good too, but just like cage, nobody ever uses him. Mixing up jabs and that double kick followed by a quick jk can lead to some good damage. One should initially follow a blocked jk by the scissors. Once you get your opponent expecting the scissors, dont use it and walk up for jab pressure and double kicks. Throw some sweeps in to keep them in turtle mode. The ninjas shouldn't not be used for jab pressure at all. I really think they should have given lao stronger jabs bc all of his specials are extremely punishable. Maybe its bc i suck with him. Thats my 2 cents.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
In terms of who is able to get to an opponent the best, Raiden takes the trophy.
His Teleport and Superman mean he can always get close to you. And his low punch is very good.

Kitana would be my close second.
One reason why I love her so much is her ability to rush down players and be aggressive.
Her Fan Swipe, IAF throw, and Fan Raise make her scarier up close than nearly anyone else.
The girls have very fast walk-cycles as well.

Mileena and Baraka get my tie for 3rd.
The threat of Mileena's Roll is a constant bluff of sorts, forcing her opponents to always play defensive.
Like Mike said, this allows her to get in and jab. Also she can Air Sai up close which comes out very fast.

Baraka is the fastest character in the game on foot.
His walk-cycle is very fast, allowing him to chase down even the best of turtlers.
And what does he have to work with up close you say?
Awesome sweep, roundhouse, crouch punch (underrated), and low punch.
The Double Kick (HK twice up close) is tricky to get away from.
His Blade Swipe and Shredder are also excellent options which can really puree opponents.

I would consider Jax to be one of the WORST for rush down.
His walk cycle is slow and he has no teleport move.
He has some big threats up close for sure (HK, Hammer Fist, Gotcha Grab).
But in close is also the only place Jax is going to lose a match because other players usually have better jab than him.
I am even quite successful beating Jax with the male ninjas by outjabbing Jax with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.