What's new

Who invented teabagging in fighting games?

Very curious, who was the first person who thought to have their fighter dip down repeatedly as a way to send a message to the other person.

Who invented it in gaming?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I believe the first invention came from the producers - the taunts.

Then it expanded among Arcades. Jokes, hand mimics while performing super arts etc. But back you could score your self a real punch, so it was really for tough guys.

Another sort of T-bag was doing super and the and of kill frame to freeze the screen - that look great in SF series - I had the time to perform the Guile win pose with the comb and comb my hair.

And for the record, thats the way I remember it. I wonder what do other have to say :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_bag

In China, during the Tang Dynasty (618–907), paper was folded and sewn into square bags to preserve the flavor of tea.[1]

The first Western tea bags were hand-sewn fabric bags; tea bag patents date as early as 1903.[2] First appearing commercially around 1904, tea bags were successfully marketed about 1908 by the tea and coffee importer Thomas Sullivan from New York, who shipped his silk tea bags around the world.[3] The loose tea was intended to be removed from the bags by customers, but they found it easier to brew the tea with the tea still enclosed in the porous bags.[4] Modern tea bags are usually made of paper fiber. The heat-sealed paper fiber tea bag was patented in 1930 by William Hermanson,[5] one of the founders of Technical Papers Corporation of Boston,[citation needed] who sold his patent to the Salada Tea Company.[citation needed]

The rectangular tea bag was not invented until 1944. Prior to this, tea bags resembled small sacks.[6]

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I always felt teabagging in fighters was dumb as hell. It looks like you're trying to give head to the other player more than "squatting/sitting on your face" lol