What's new

Question Who does the most chip damage in MKX?

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
I really think noxious needs more consideration, even when he's being hit he's doing chip in a sense with the dot ticks... F412xxdb2 is around 8-9% chip I believe. Could be less but I'm away from my xbox and can't check. Also it can be enhanced and become absolutely ridiculous dot for a bar. He may not be as obvious in terms of movement across the health bar but is always happening unless outside his cloud, which won't happen for long against reptile.

D. R.

Noob
Sorcerer and Impostor have some very practical, legit chip set ups, especially in the corner. Meter determines just how stupid the damage can get.

Fun times

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Should safety be considered as well? For example, Flame Fist will get punished if he does FBF4 into BF3. You waste 1 bar, do 16% chip, build back 3/4 of a bar then eat a full combo
Impostor Shinnok: if he fights Cassie and hits her with mimicry, he gun does like 10% chip meterless., plus 1-2% chip from a string. It's hard to measure his ability to do chip damage bacause it's matchup dependant. But I'll give him 9 - 10.

Dualist
Chip initiation: 4
Chip damage: 8
While he doesn't get much guaranteed chip from stance switch pressure. With orbs and or meter he is pushing the 10-15% barrier. And with a full bar and one orb, can do 30% chip. Also F213xxSSxxF213xxDR~7% chip.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Should safety be considered as well? For example, Flame Fist will get punished if he does FBF4 into BF3. You waste 1 bar, do 16% chip, build back 3/4 of a bar then eat a full combo
Impostor Shinnok: if he fights Cassie and hits her with mimicry, he gun does like 10% chip meterless., plus 1-2% chip from a string. It's hard to measure his ability to do chip damage bacause it's matchup dependant. But I'll give him 9 - 10.
It should obviously be considered. I am just curious how much damage any character is capable of regardless of safety.

Him ending in fb is the guessing game. Parry, ex db2 etc. the guessing game makes it a better option than if I were to walk up and just fb point blank

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
High tech jacqui.

You're looking at inescapable block strings without meter, upwards of 30% guaranteed against certain characters as well as all her jailing pressure.

I'll test it for you later, but things like starter~qbrc, 121~qbrc, 1212~df2 are doing upwards of 7% jailing block pressure without gauntlet buffs into +2 with an 8 frame s4 preventing poking out. With gauntlet buffs you're in the teens range of chip and ending in +12 into f12/b14 pressure that can't be poked out of.

Initiating is ehh because you have to get in, but on block you're taking significant damage from basically any stater. Her pressure is probably better than Cage's, just much harder to execute and she lacks the range, pokes and projectiles to aid her neutral.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It has to be Acidic Alien, Sorcerer Quan, or Flame Fist Lou Kang (forget the name of that one).... right?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
High tech jacqui.

You're looking at inescapable block strings without meter, upwards of 30% guaranteed against certain characters as well as all her jailing pressure.

I'll test it for you later, but things like starter~qbrc, 121~qbrc, 1212~df2 are doing upwards of 7% jailing block pressure without gauntlet buffs into +2 with an 8 frame s4 preventing poking out. With gauntlet buffs you're in the teens range of chip and ending in +12 into f12/b14 pressure that can't be poked out of.

Initiating is ehh because you have to get in, but on block you're taking significant damage from basically any stater. Her pressure is probably better than Cage's, just much harder to execute and she lacks the range, pokes and projectiles to aid her neutral.
Does she not run out of stamina?