What's new

Who do you use as an alt, and why?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Title is the question, and it's directed at fellow Scorpion mains (though if you use Scorp as an alt, it'd be interesting to hear about your main).

I'm currently thinking of Ermac. Mostly because I want to pretend I'm overplaying my system when I switch :p.

You better pick another charactor lol, i hate scorpion with passion. online all they do is spam spears, hellfire and most off all teleport. and if it wont go well they just mash the 1 button till its broken, damn. Pick Cyrax or Reptile, both great and fun to use. i could PM you some more info about Reptile or Mileena or so.

tweek

Noob
my m8 mains scorpion and is truelly amazing. he went for ermac but it's hard to explain why. I guess the game mechanics with both are a tad similar in that they both teleport and incorporate this skill in their combos a lot. Not to mention that both of them have interesting mixups that hit not only high and mid but also low which can be a pain in the ass.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
You better pick another charactor lol, i hate scorpion with passion. online all they do is spam spears, hellfire and most off all teleport. and if it wont go well they just mash the 1 button till its broken, damn. Pick Cyrax or Reptile, both great and fun to use. i could PM you some more info about Reptile or Mileena or so.
Funny thing: turns out I absolutely Reptile for stealing Scorpion's and Sub-Zero's movesets in MK1. Maybe you should pick a different character?

I jest, I jest: I like Scorpion because he plays a lot like Order Sol and Ky Kiske from the Guilty Gear series (i.e. strong anti-air; bait-based damage). And since most players online seems to gravitate towards him for some reason, someone has to give the Yellow Jacket some good credibility.

I can also get the blood pumping listening to the drums in his movie theme

Though Reptile's trance is good also ^_^

Noob, Reptile & Cyrax are my subs

Noob-Great zoning & space control / great corner game / great mid & full screen resets
Cyrax-Fan from UMK3 :)
Reptile-great mix-ups / great staggers / great space contol

King

Sig Maker
I main Noob Saibot and Sub Zero. I pick Scorpion as my secondary because I love putting people in the high/low/throw mixup after every spear :D Then when they start getting defensive, I light their ass on fire again and again and again. If they jump, either NJP into spear mixups or JK airthrow them into a EX Hellfire.

It's great fun to see your opponent's mind literally get raped lol.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Ironically, I main Noob and recently picked up Scorpion. His 50/50s are gold!

As for subs, the same subs I always use, Ermac and Sub.