What's new

Who decides if winner can switch their form?

In MKX after you pick your character you will be able to pick which form your character will also be. In most tournament play if you win the first match the winner cannot change their character. How will tournament organizers handle winner being able to switch their form?

The closest thing I can think is SF Alpha with their different isms. Or Street fighter 3 with being able to change your ult. How did they usually handle that?

What if M2dave's favorite zoning character has a form that deals with cowardly smoke characters extremely well. Is this fair?

Tom Brady

Champion
it depends..

If switching styles actually is a big deal as far as counter picking then you should probably have to keep the style.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Idk if you should be forced to keep the style. SFIV has the same scenario with the Ultras, and they just ended up allowing you to switch them. Granted, this is a much different case, though.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
it depends..

If switching styles actually is a big deal as far as counter picking then you should probably have to keep the style.
Maximilian who played the game for 2 hours straight each "Style" completely changes how the char fights...
He said Sub Zero can use a style where he is an "amazing zoner" or switch to a style where he has swords and is a melee type char.

My first thought on Winner sticking with the whole char or just that 1 style is I think id like it to just be Winner stick with the Char and do as he wishes but we have to see how things play out