What's new

Question - Sub-Zero who are you pairing with sub?

i mean not just with grandmaster/cryo/unbreakable. i mean sub as a whole.

say youve mastered sub, what characters do you think cover him the best?

grandmaster is a zoner, lower damage, probably the best control character in the game from what ive seen right now.

cyomancer im not sure where he falls, definitly higher damage for sub, im hesitant to call him rushdown tho.

unbreakable i just dont know, its hte one ive played with the least and his special abilities seem....odd? ice parry thing seems entirely redudant and not as god as clones. his anti chip thing is noteworthy tho. good to frustrate other characters probably.

what gets around grandmaster? well obviously tom showed us some things like kenshi and multi hit projectiles, etc. also teleporters.

what gets around cryomancer? again i dont know, possibly zoners themselves? he only has one real option to get in besides walking it and thats slide, he has a bit of range on his specials, but nothing compared to a freaking projectile.

what gets around unbreakable? again, clueless, i really need to give this one more of a look but ive been enjoying cryomancer damage too much.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm a loyalist so I'm sticking with Kenshi and Kitana. Kenshi lames out other sub zeros and most of the cast who don't have good reversals/teleports. Kitana plays a great hit and run game that makes my opponents frustrated.

I'm a loyalist so I'm sticking with Kenshi and Kitana. Kenshi lames out other sub zeros and most of the cast who don't have good reversals/teleports. Kitana plays a great hit and run game that makes my opponents frustrated.
my loyalism only extends to sub as hes the only character ive mained in some way in every MK. so im kinda open to optimal decisions lol.

what gets around grandmaster? well obviously tom showed us some things like kenshi and multi hit projectiles, etc. also teleporters.

what gets around cryomancer? again i dont know, possibly zoners themselves? he only has one real option to get in besides walking it and thats slide, he has a bit of range on his specials, but nothing compared to a freaking projectile.

what gets around unbreakable? again, clueless, i really need to give this one more of a look but ive been enjoying cryomancer damage too much.
I think Cryomancer can lose out to strong zoners. I do like having db2(MB) as a wake up option when i play this variation though.

For unbreakable doesn't hitting on the opposite side of the parry move make it not freeze? I haven't messed with this variation much, But i feel like it would lose to teleporters. Although i will say the anti-chip stuff would be good to use in certain matchups like Venomous D'Vorah.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Raiden did fine as a alt for me in MK9. He covered every 7-3 bad matches Sub had in there. Kenshi, Kabal, Kitana and Mileena are some matches in MK9 I would rather play as Raiden than Sub.

I'm not sure how Raiden is in MKX, but I'm definitly giving him a try.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I think Cryomancer can lose out to strong zoners. I do like having db2(MB) as a wake up option when i play this variation though.

For unbreakable doesn't hitting on the opposite side of the parry move make it not freeze? I haven't messed with this variation much, But i feel like it would lose to teleporters. Although i will say the anti-chip stuff would be good to use in certain matchups like Venomous D'Vorah.
You will get frozen if you hit the parry on the opposite side.