What's new

Whiff cancel anti wakeup

Well since I constantly see things that I already know posted as tech I figured I'd post this.

If you're unfamiliar Aris did a video explaining whiff canceling on wakeup. Essentially you do a meaty move and if your opponent does a wakeup attack your move "hits" them during the invincible frames and allows you to cancel into a special or trait depending on the character even though you didn't actually hit them.

Grundy can apply this in certain situations by doing anything that can be canceled into trait and meterburning the trait. If your opponent has a single hit wakeup attack you can use this to grab them. Example would be black adam lightning cage, green lantern lift, superman scoop, sinestro arachnid etc...

This works best if you've trained them that blocking leads to d2 trait. and waiting to block the d2 and jump leads to raw trait or 1/1b2 trait. Situational but I have never seen another grundy do it.

One I have seen RDK|Tyrant do that I haven't seen others is a b1 cancel into walking corpse. If tey do a wake up and its timed properly the cancel will allow the corpse to eat the wakeup. If they try to jump b1 catches them and if they duck obviously b1 catches them as well. If they block it then you're in their face for further options.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I like to do standing 2 WC. If 2 hits, WC will hit them as well. if they block standing 2, you will have enough time to cancel the WC to react or just let it out again.

This is some MK9 tech.

I like to do standing 2 WC. If 2 hits, WC will hit them as well. if they block standing 2, you will have enough time to cancel the WC to react or just let it out again.

This is some MK9 tech.

They can jump out of that if they do a forward/backward jump. Neutral jump it will combo. Pig and fly talked about it in the grundy video. Great if they don't know or they haven't trained to jump it but its full combo punishable if you do it against somebody who knows better. Its interesting that neutral jump has more start up frames than forward/backward though.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
They can jump out of that if they do a forward/backward jump. Neutral jump it will combo. Pig and fly talked about it in the grundy video. Great if they don't know or they haven't trained to jump it but its full combo punishable if you do it against somebody who knows better. Its interesting that neutral jump has more start up frames than forward/backward though.
I think 112 WC catches them as well? Strict timing though