What's new

Which Tag Team combinations will YOU use or think will be badass in MK9?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, just wondering since there's officially been announced a newer tag team mode in this game, via either 4 players 2 vs. 2 others or that option online and offline as well with one player each controlling 2 guys each, figured I'd ask which 1-2 combination will you use or want to via a tag team in MK9 once it's out?

Here's my tag teams that I will definitely be using together and I think have potential to be seriously badass working together:

1. Sektor/Ermac-We haven't seen Ermac...yet, but I'll be shocked if he's not in this game given the era in the storyline that takes place in MK9. We know Sektor is already in but I think between Sektor's seekers, teleport juggles and Ermac's TK slams I see some serious, deadly potential here hehe.

2.Scorpion/Sub-Zero-Not to sound cliche with these two or anything but if you think about it, I think they could make a pretty interesting team. Subby with the freezing, Scorpion with the teleports and spear mix ups...I sense some annoying chemistry with these two.

3.Sektor/Cyrax-I think the classic mustard and ketchup counterparts can be very interesting together, for me this is a dream team being as how I use both a lot in UMK3 :) bombs with seekers mmmm I can taste the combo potential now hehe mix in a little bit of nets lol

4.Reptile/Kabal-I think these two can be interesting together, one guy that can cloak/turn invisible has fast moves in general(although the forceballs seem slower a little bit then UMK3) mixed in with a guy who has a dash of his own, fireballs I'm thinking some pretty devious ideas with these two that I really don't want to give away lol but I will definitely try it out to see if my theory works hehe

5.Ermac/Scorpion-I think especially if Ermmy has his teleport back, I can see these two being very deadly together between the spear, jk, teleport combos combined with TK slams, ermac's fireball etc I think this team can be sick

Ok, well I'm sure there will be more to come. I would definitely mix up Fujin, Ermac and/or Fujin and Sektor but given the timeline of this game I don't expect to see Fujin..

Post your tag teams or teams/combinations you'd think be sick together!

BTW, although I have no interest Cage/NW =could be so annoying in the right hands I bet, both have fast, charging moves that can be combined in a number of ways... lol but I'm sure some people will use this team.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I like this thread...and your ideas for teams too.

Sektor/Ermac will be godlike.

Scorpion/Sub-Zero ... I can think of a sick combo already, with Sub, at 2:02 in this video:

...then switch to Scorpion and do JK, TP, Spear, Weapon Launcher, JK, Air Throw.

I know that Scorpion will be Top Tier in this game if he keeps the same shit he has now.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Tim Static said:
Lao and Rep:

Lao spin pop up tag in Rep for volley inf = father of god tier
Rep doesn't have his dash without return elbow..he does the elbow every time now and you can combo off of it...so no inf for you ^_^

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
Rep doesn't have his dash without return elbow..he does the elbow every time now and you can combo off of it...so no inf for you ^_^
oh wait i was thinking of UMK3 Tag.

hehe :p

Noob
Just coming up with some interesting teams here... I won't know who I'll use till I play the game...

Kitana/Mileena
Mileena/Baraka
Sub-Zero/Noob
H.Smoke/R.Smoke
Sektor/Cyrax
Reptile/K(C)hameleon
Raiden/Kahn
Sonya/Kano
Sub/Ermac(think of freeze to TKS combos)

ZBEP

Noob
I think, my favourite tags would be Cage/Kung lao and Nightwolf/Scorp or Sub-zero. And, if thinking about tags with non-announced characters, then i can also add Nightwolf/Jax and Human Smoke/Kabal, because i use them alot in UMK3.

Tim Static said:
ZOMFG Human Smoke joined CMK!!!!

Dude, are you gonna be in MK9?
Yes I have once again escaped from that despicable robotic suit to join this tournament and I will be top tier again.

My team would be (see my new sig) obviously Jax and Cyrax. Both pure sheer power nothing fancy like Ermacs telekinesis or other players specials. I also like, much like everyone else, Smoke. Whether he's a robo or not with striker.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I would pick Sektor and Ermac to counter that team ^ teleports for the win ;) hehe but interesting picks guys, I'm sure everyone will pick different combinations and styles with them.