Which should I get?

• Playstation Vita

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Fightstick

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So, I'm in a bit of a difficult position here. I'm a college student with no income other than from my parents, and a lot of my spending money is put toward things like travel to VSM and tournaments. However, my family is moving away and the buyers are offering to buy my old bass amp for $400. Because of this, I want to get something I've really been wanting and put the rest towards Evo, but I can't decide between a fightstick and a Vita.

Vita - Though I'm mostly going for fun, I want to put on a decent performance at Evo. I'd love to get the extra practice when I otherwise wouldn't be able to, and the other plus's of the Vita are obvious and would be awesome to have. I don't even have a smartphone or ipad or anything, so something like this would be awesome when I'm away from home and I've heard great reviews for it.

Fightstick - I do great on pad for MK9, but I really have serious issues playing other fg's on a pad. I really want to branch out more to other fighting games, even if it's at a more casual level, but I feel like I'm stuck when I'm using a pad. I used to do great on MvC and Tekken arcade machines, and I think I could be the same if I got a stick myself. And since I'll have a decent amount to spend, I could afford something better than the standard Madcatz TE.

tl;dr - wat do

Tim Static

Adminerator
So, I'm in a bit of a difficult position here. I'm a college student with no income other than from my parents, and a lot of my spending money is put toward things like travel to VSM and tournaments. However, my family is moving away and the buyers are offering to buy my old bass amp for $400. Because of this, I want to get something I've really been wanting and put the rest towards Evo, but I can't decide between a fightstick and a Vita.

Vita - Though I'm mostly going for fun, I want to put on a decent performance at Evo. I'd love to get the extra practice when I otherwise wouldn't be able to, and the other plus's of the Vita are obvious and would be awesome to have. I don't even have a smartphone or ipad or anything, so something like this would be awesome when I'm away from home and I've heard great reviews for it.

Fightstick - I do great on pad for MK9, but I really have serious issues playing other fg's on a pad. I really want to branch out more to other fighting games, even if it's at a more casual level, but I feel like I'm stuck when I'm using a pad. I used to do great on MvC and Tekken arcade machines, and I think I could be the same if I got a stick myself. And since I'll have a decent amount to spend, I could afford something better than the standard Madcatz TE.

tl;dr - wat do
how much is the VITA? $250? if so, you should have enough for both, but probably a Mad Catz SE with sanwa parts etc

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'd rather get a Vita since I like the PS2 controller. I also don't have a PS3 so I think Vita would kind of compensate for it. f you really want to become competitive in the other fighters, and you feel like you need an arcade stick then get that.

And yeah, being a jobless college student sucks. Last year I had 2 jobs during the school semester and 1 over the summer but now I don't have anything and I didn't get the internships I applied for :(

Delriach

Sindelly
Here's my thoughts.

With a Vita you already know you can get a little bit of extra practice in no matter what. Just doing combos or something. It's not exactly like playing it with a controller, so you do have to adjust. But I'd say it's better than nothing. Maybe.

Since you want a fight stick to practice for other fighting games, you have to ask yourself if you'll actually be playing those games often. It seems pretty useless to get a fightstick if you're going to be playing the hell out of MK more often than not. I dunno.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Vita. You've already invested a lot of your time in MK by playing online, going to offline tournaments. It's only fair for you to spend your money wisely on Vita for MK, convenient practice anytime and anywhere considering it has the online feature when you are not playing it by yourself like the old handheld games prior.

Theme

Noob
Why isn't there an option for:

C. A life

?
No offense, but your not one to talk, considering you travel to tournaments to play a video game, a well known and active member of the community and forums, not to mention a lot of other things I am too nice to say. You shouldnt be talking ;). If your joking, I suggest you make it clear next time.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
No offense, but your not one to talk, considering you travel to tournaments to play a video game, a well known and active member of the community and forums, not to mention a lot of other things I am too nice to say. You shouldnt be talking ;). If your joking, I suggest you make it clear next time.
Daaaamn someone just called me well known.

Tim Static

Adminerator
What point are you trying to make with what your saying?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
The Qanba is $160 I believe. I dunno, man. It's up to you if you wanna buy the Vita and have MK on the go (though I do not like the integrated controller...mainly because I don't want that shit to break) or if you want to play other FGs which are easier to play with a stick. Stick gives you more options into various FGs at home, Vita lets you play MK at Starbucks.

You pick, I can't decide for you. One game or multiple FGs. Sounds like you'd get a lot of use out of the Vita since I'd assume wifi is everywhere in NYC. Is it on the trains? If so, get the Vita.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Thanks for all the input guys.

Wonder_Chef , I will never make fun of you again. Your signature is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I feel like I need to repay you for that.