What's new

Which character is the ultimate anit-rush down character?

JrK

Probably Drunk
I seem to have luck with Smoke. Using his smoke away/towards, parry, and teleport make it a nice game of tag.

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
I seem to have luck with Smoke. Using his smoke away/towards, parry, and teleport make it a nice game of tag.
I could definitely see that. I've had some luck with him in that regard as well. The only thing that bothers me about him is that he has no low starting combos. I just need to get used to the idea of changing my play style when I use him.

redeyes

Button Masher
I could definitely see that. I've had some luck with him in that regard as well. The only thing that bothers me about him is that he has no low starting combos. I just need to get used to the idea of changing my play style when I use him.
he has the best sweep in the game tho >:O

leek

Noob
I have to agree with smoke.

I have a buddy who I literally, cannot catch up to. Smoke away~smoke away constantly and he finishes his combos to put you at full screen.

It's tough.

But if smoke does smoke away/towards you can just ElbowDash/FlyingKick/ShadowKick and such, and he can't block it cause he's doing the smoke away/towards. and Smoke bad-batchup are Rushers so...

I would say Sub-Zero. Against JC it's like a 7-3 matchup for Sub-Zero.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Definitely Sub-Zero, but I think Smoke is a good one as well; he's just so good at escaping pressure. Sindel is actually pretty good at shutting em' down, too.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I agree with the Smoke and Sindel picks, and would like to add in that Rain is arguably good at this as well, as long as he has meter. Wake-up EX roundhouse is a great way to get people off of you, and the EX gypsy kick and teleports can also be handy. Massive armor wakeup = good anti rush.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
But if smoke does smoke away/towards you can just ElbowDash/FlyingKick/ShadowKick and such, and he can't block it cause he's doing the smoke away/towards. and Smoke bad-batchup are Rushers so...

I would say Sub-Zero. Against JC it's like a 7-3 matchup for Sub-Zero.
It's more of a 5-5 in my opinion. You want to stay the hell away from JC but you end up cornering yourself if you try to space your clones so that he can't get in. Sub-Zero is not the best anti-rushdown. He's more of an anti-zoner, to be honest.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
What about Noob Saibot? People seem to underestimate him. Blackholes to make them jump then shadow tackle. If they catch on Blackhole infront to catch them dashing forward. Also Running Man, Shadow Slide, and most importantly Shadow Upknee. Noobs B1214 combos has insane reach on it and will hit from sweep distance. Noob just screams get the F*** away from me, but he can still pack a punch up close for those not paying attention.

In my opinion Sub-Zero is the best anti- rushdown. Ice clone then Freeze. D+4 into ice clone. 2,2 anti-air. When you fight a sub-zero you have to be very careful on approach. Smoke best anti-zoner of course.

Cybernetic Below Freezing (Farenheit) has a very good parry, and busts it out like a boss. He is not the greatest war machine every constructed, but his parry will stop an over aggressive player like a bitch.

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
The ultimate anti-rushdown is Skarlet, simple as that. She's probably the only character in the game who can out-zone anyone with ease, which makes rushing her down all but impossible. Runners up would be Sub Zero, Smoke, Noob and Reptile. Really, an anti-rushdown character is anyone who can get out of pressure safely or use zoning to beat rushdown attempts consistently. Ermac is definitely up there, but he does have some difficulty keeping people out once they get in.

Altaire

Dojo Trainee
...Oh, and since missed this:

Cybernetic Below Freezing (Farenheit) has a very good parry, and busts it out like a boss. He is not the greatest war machine every constructed, but his parry will stop an over aggressive player like a bitch.
You clearly don't have a whole lot of experience using Cyber Subs in high level play. First off, the parry IS a rushdown tool; its purpose is to keep you from getting run over while you're playing offense. Second, it's unbelievably easy to stuff if abused. For one, a lot of contact specials can't be parried, as well as most EX contact specials. Second, low pokes and any normal string that connects low enough on his hitbox can't be parried. Third, once your opponent starts to respect this option, he's going to use fakeouts to exploit you. If you try to catch a jump-in punch, he'll just jump in without the punch and THEN attack. If you try to stuff a dash-in attempt, he'll just rely on low pokes to get you out of it and wear you down that way. Above and beyond all that, most characters will just throw a projectile when they see this coming, and in some cases, that means a full combo punish (Reptile's forceball, Sub's iceball, Ermac's telelift, and so on).

The best way to make use of the parry is to use it as seldom as possible, and to use the EX parry when you do. Realistically, you're only going to fool a good opponent with this a handful of times in one round. A handful of 8% parries has nothing on even one or two parries for full combo damage. Cyber Sub's EX parry is effectively a toned down version of Cage's X-ray.

...Oh, and since missed this:

You clearly don't have a whole lot of experience using Cyber Subs in high level play. First off, the parry IS a rushdown tool; its purpose is to keep you from getting run over while you're playing offense. Second, it's unbelievably easy to stuff if abused. For one, a lot of contact specials can't be parried, as well as most EX contact specials. Second, low pokes and any normal string that connects low enough on his hitbox can't be parried. Third, once your opponent starts to respect this option, he's going to use fakeouts to exploit you. If you try to catch a jump-in punch, he'll just jump in without the punch and THEN attack. If you try to stuff a dash-in attempt, he'll just rely on low pokes to get you out of it and wear you down that way. Above and beyond all that, most characters will just throw a projectile when they see this coming, and in some cases, that means a full combo punish (Reptile's forceball, Sub's iceball, Ermac's telelift, and so on).

The best way to make use of the parry is to use it as seldom as possible, and to use the EX parry when you do. Realistically, you're only going to fool a good opponent with this a handful of times in one round. A handful of 8% parries has nothing on even one or two parries for full combo damage. Cyber Sub's EX parry is effectively a toned down version of Cage's X-ray.
cool. i dont play CSZ much. was just based on observation.