What's new

Which character did you originally want to main?

crosstalk

Kombatant
Originally Kung Lao, then Reptile, then Raiden, and then Kabal. I stuck with Kabal for awhile, but then I picked up JC, who's my favorite MK character of all time.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Hasn't there already been a thread like this?

Bah, why nit-pick?

Liu Kang and Kung Lao were among the five I had decided to main upon the game's release, and while I still use Liu Kang here and there...Kung Lao just didn't mesh with me. Can't really explain why. Mind you, this is taking into account his incarnations from before and after the patches.

Enigma642

Dojo Trainee
Kitana from the very beginning for me. I didn't find out until later that she was a top 10 char. Naturally that didn't sway me any.

First two characters I started putting time into in this game were Sheeva and Jade. Luckily I realized pretty quickly that they were both garbage.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
my top five characters i wanted to main
1. ermac, he wa so badass and my go to player in deception
2. kitana, from umk3 days
3. lui kang, man the movies hyped him up for me
4. johnny cage, he's cage, cocky movie star with the best lines in all of mortal kombat?
5. kung lao, going to be picking him up, he was my first character i played as in mk2, for the shaolin need i say more?

Day 1 after playing for about 4 hours... I decided on Sheeva. She still hasn't let go of me yet with that strong 4 arm grip, except I will not be playing her for 3-7 MUs anymore so her grip is lessening.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
shang tsung,he's my favorite mk character of all time and detroit ballin is my hero.sadly i cant use shang for shit,ive been trying on and off for months.

Matix218

Get over here!
Noob Saibot and Ermac were my first choices.

Ended up maining Smoke and Sub zero but I still play Ermac and Noob as alternative so I never really dropped them

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I try to stay away from the most popular characters, I started with Kung Lao (then played online), moved to Mileena, Cage, Sonya, Jax, and now Sheeva. I'm liking Sheeva, even though some of her MU's are pretty bad.