What's new

Which button do you use when you JIP?

I've been just messing around, I've always used the opposite button to JIP that the string requires.

Such as if I use Cyrax's 121 string, I JIP with 2, than do 121. Or if I use his 212 string, I JIP with 1 than do 212. However, sometimes I find it messing me up, where I'll end up doing the who string when I want to cancel it, it just messes up the order in my head. So I'm trying to force learn to JIP with a single button, or do, 1,121, or 2,212.

I'm just curious on what everyone else does? Do you just have a universal JIP, button?

Depends, if i'll start a string with 1 i'll Jump in with 2,
if i start a string with 2 i'll jump in with 1.
if i'll start a string with 3/4 i'll jump in with 2.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I always use the 1 button but it could just be because of habit Is there really any difference between the 1 or 2?

Panque

Random foreign guy
I always use 2 for some reason... Some times I still miss JIP, 22 freeze and end up doing JIP, 2 freeze or JIP, 222 (Damn!). Maybe I should stick with 1 or man up and get the inputs right =P
I did find it a lot harder to JIK and teleport with ermac (using 4) than to JIP and teleport... I guess it's more a personal thing.

[MENTION=7067]Lumpymoomilk[/MENTION] Nope, I'm pretty sure there is none.

Matix218

Get over here!
I use 1, I started using 1 for JIP on launch and just stuck with it.

I also always use 4 for JIK, again, just out of habit.

Matix218

Get over here!
I did find it a lot harder to JIK and teleport with ermac (using 4) than to JIP and teleport... I guess it's more a personal thing.
It is easier on a pad at least to do jip and then teleport for me as well. Although JIK adds almost 9% to some of the bnbs so I adapted and now I only use JIP for b114, lift, jip, teleport, dash, 22, tkp at midscreen (because that is the only one I usually would miss time if I try to use JIK due to how far away they are after the lift). I have gotten to the point where I am pretty good at doing the JIK to teleport but you do have to be SUPER fast with the teleport input the second the JIK hits, like basically INSTANT or the tele will hit too late and you will drop it. It just takes practice but I do actually use 4 for the JIK with that combo even though I think it would be easier maybe to use 3 because you wouldn't have to press the same button twice that quickly but I have just gotten used to it.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I always JIP with 1 and NJP with 2 out of habit from old MK games where the button made a difference.

Ravox

Winter is Coming...
Really depends, when I will start a string that uses 1, I JIP with 1. (Sub-Zero's b1 for ex).
When the string starts with 2, I JIP with 2 (Sub-Zero's 22 for ex).

Kinda the opposite of the people here huh?

When the string starts with 3 or 4, I mostly JIP with 2.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I jip with 1 or 2, depending on what the string starts with. I always jik with 3 (habit developed by playing Sektor and Ermac). I njp by plinking 1 and 2 (habit developed by having to use it to land Reptile's bnb).

NogunYesknife

Dojo Trainee
HOLY CRAP. NO JOKE I WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO POST THIS THREAD. I WAS EVEN GOING TO TO MENTION I USE THE OPPOSITE PUNCH THEN THE ONE IN THE STRING. Thats freaky.....

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I use both, I don't think about it but I think it depends on my character. Kung Lao I use 1 I believe and for pretty much everyone else I use 2. I'll have to pay attention next time I do it.

Husteen

Noob.
lol i've been thinking about this lately... i use 2 for jips and it feels weird when i use 1, idk why.

leek

Noob
It does make a difference for NJP, not sure about JIP I would assume that it does, though. For NJP, it depends on the stance that you're in before you jump. You have a higher chance connecting with 2 when your character is facing the camera, and higher chance connecting with 1 when his back is to the camera. If you get used to it, it can help for characters with njp in their combos(kung lao, smoke, reptile etc.)

Air to air it doesn't matter, but him being on the ground you want to use 2 towards the camera, and 1 back to the camera.