What's new

Question Which b21f2 combo do you use?

Vagrant

Noob
This is a trivial question because the frequency I get a garunteed b21f2 against a decent player is very slim.

Morty and Foxy have two different combos out of this string in their guides.

Mortys: b21f2 njp dash kiss dk21cw b21 ms f1 LG
Foxys: b21f2 njp dash kiss dk21cw b21f2 112 (f1 cw)

They both deal around the same damage.

Morty ends with LG because you can dash afterwards to reverse your opponents wake up inputs.
Foxys ends with the traditional standing reset which obviously eliminates your oponents wake up oppurtunity and provides additional chip/ meter. It's also slightly more difficult but can be mastered with practice.

Which one do you guys prefer to use?

I'm kind of at a crossroads on this one.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
i do foxy's. morty's is much easier but foxy's ends with a reset into more pressure, which is why i use his.

i only use this if i connect with a jip tho. i don't even think about this combo for punishes.

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
I use the one ending in reset. It gives alot more options and takes away the risk of getting hit with a wake up if I guess my wake up pressure wrong

Vagrant

Noob
The string is a really good whiff punisher as well. Not many Sonyas abuse it as a whiff punisher
I had never even thought of it tbh. But I only switched to her like a month ago. If I see a whiffed string i usually just iadk. I'll expiriment with using b21f2 after work.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I end in the reset. That allows you to use already established mind games off of ms. There is nothing more frustrating when fighting Sonya than getting hit by a 50 percent combo just to be hit by something like a fwd4 right after.

Death

Noob
damn i never really thought of it like that. its 18f and doesnt have much range tho -_- im so used to dive kick lol
I think b2 is 17f but your right dive kick should be the whiff punisher. B2 too slow and no range. The b2 bnbs are good for punishing ermac lift, KL spin, kabal dash etc

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Always use the standing reset as the combo ender. There is not really a reason to use any others, in my opinion.

Justice

Noob
I use foxy's since resets are good and I have a really hard time connecting with the Leg Grab.

I'm not understanding why people say that B2 has no range. When I experimented with it, B2 lunges Sonya forward Sweep/D4 distance.

Espio

Kokomo
My silly one is Back 1, 2, forward 2, back 1, 2, forward 2, jump kick, air/leg grab. It looks so cool, but not really useful lol.

I use foxy's since resets are good and I have a really hard time connecting with the Leg Grab.

I'm not understanding why people say that B2 has no range. When I experimented with it, B2 lunges Sonya forward Sweep/D4 distance.
I've used back 2 as a whiff punisher before recently, it's not bad at all.