What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Where is Quan-Chi in the story's end?

MORDECA1

Noob
So Quan Chi gets decapitated by Scorpion in MKX. This is my first MK that I've played for more than 10 hours. Is it likely that this character will remain dead into the next MK installment? I know Quan has been in the game since MK4 and has been a very important villain to the story. Would they replace him with Shang Tsung again? He is all over the Klassik Towers endings.

On a side note, there was a small thread about how much people enjoyed Kotal in the story. They really wanted him to become kind of a good guy with Raiden going Dark and on the offensive. Anyways the idea was brought up to change the announcer's voice to Kotal. Is something like taht possible? It would make sense and be cool to have Quan Chi's voice too.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Well "dead" is term that always has to be used loosely in MK since dead characters constantly return for whatever reason. I doubt that Quan Chi will return for the next game but i'd be willing to bet he will be back at some point. If anything he is simply now just trapped in the Netherrealm and is under the rule of Liu Kang and Kitana.

MORDECA1

Noob
Well "dead" is term that always has to be used loosely in MK since dead characters constantly return for whatever reason. I doubt that Quan Chi will return for the next game but i'd be willing to bet he will be back at some point. If anything he is simply now just trapped in the Netherrealm and is under the rule of Liu Kang and Kitana.
That storyline would be really sick for Liu Kang particularly. Liu was supposed to be the main good guy and protagonist it seemed for the franchise, but he has always been too boring in my opinion. Evil Liu Kang on theother hand is absoulutely dope.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
I enjoy an evil Liu and Kitana ruling over the Netherrealm now that Shinnok has been destroyed. I imagine Quan will be an adviser to them, or something along those lines in the future. Perhaps he and Mileena (who I presume is also in the Netherrealm now) will plot against them to resurrect Shao Kahn? That would be an interesting proposition, especially if they work together with Shang to do so.

I'd actually like to see Outworld become the new good guys. Kotal is a likable character, and is much different in comparison to the other Outworld rulers. Raiden seems to be on a very dark path, and as seen in the end of story mode, he now has claim over the Netherrealm with Shinnok's defeat. It seems inevitable that some of the Earthrealm cast will eventually turn against him (Cassie and crew if I had to guess). This means Earthrealm would need a new protector. Cue in Fujin--he's definitely a suitable replacement.

I'm also curious about D'Vorah. With Shinnok dead and her Outworld alliance betrayed, what will she do? I wonder if Kotal will put out a bounty on her?

It's quite clear they are setting the stage for Shang to come back in the next installment either way--doing what, who can say.

Last edited:

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I enjoy an evil Liu and Kitana ruling over the Netherrealm now that Shinnok has been destroyed. I imagine Quan will be an adviser to them, or something along those lines in the future. Perhaps he and Mileena (who I presume is also in the Netherrealm now) will plot against them to resurrect Shao Kahn? That would be an interesting proposition, especially if they work together with Shang to do so.

I'd actually like to see Outworld become the new good guys. Kotal is a likable character, and is much different in comparison to the other Outworld rulers. Raiden seems to be on a very dark path, and as seen in the end of story mode, he now has claim over the Netherrealm with Shinnok's defeat. It seems inevitable that some of the Earthrealm cast will eventually turn against him (Cassie and crew if I had to guess). This means Earthrealm would need a new protector. Cue in Fujin--he's definitely a suitable replacement.

I'm also curious about D'Vorah. With Shinnok dead and her Outworld alliance betrayed, what will she do? I wonder if Kotal will put out a bounty on her?

It's quite clear they are setting the stage for Shang to come back in the next installment either way--doing what, who can say.
I'm curious as to what the status of the revenants are now that Quan is "dead". I would assume that they are no longer under his control and now have some sense of free-will or even have Quan as their prisoner in the Netherrealm. Personally, I think it would be cool to see Kitana/Liu and the other revenants (Sindel, Stryker, Kung Lao, Smoke, Nightwolf, Jade, and perhaps now Mileena as well) become the "evil" group and plot against Raiden and Earthrealm because "he messed everything up" lol. Kitana's tower ending hinted at this and I think that it makes a lot of sense. Possibly then see an alliance between Outworld and Earthrealm to combat the vengeful revenants. Perhaps even have the Earthrealmers restore Shang Tsung since he would be helpful in combating Nethrrealm beings...just a thought.

MORDECA1

Noob
I love the ideas in here. I am eagerly anticipating Dark Raiden to be a kind of villain with Kotal Kahn and crew as protagonists. Others have been writing about it earlier in Kotal's threads. I really think it might happen, and I think it should too. I love the idea.

Liu Kang and Kitana ruling the Netherrealm is equally interesting. The character arc is just so cool to see.

The question over Quan Chi's revenants is important. Are they free now? I hope Liu stays evil. I could see Kung Lao passing away or something.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That storyline would be really sick for Liu Kang particularly. Liu was supposed to be the main good guy and protagonist it seemed for the franchise, but he has always been too boring in my opinion. Evil Liu Kang on theother hand is absoulutely dope.
Liu Kang was only the protagonist 'til he initially died. For DA I think it was Raiden, Deception was the godlike Shujinko, Armageddon was the shitty Taven, Raiden again for MK9 and finally Cassie for MKX.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
The writers have said that just because you die doesn't mean you got to the NetherRealm. Also, they themselves do not know what happened to the characters after the story mode. (For example, they mentioned they don't know if Bo'Rai Cho is dead or not when asked.)
(inb4 Jade, who the writers said they have some ideas for her, but her post-MK9 story is yet to be told.)

I think Quan Chi will sit out the next game though.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Just a totally random idea I had, but I'd love to see it--it's a bit Kill Bill-ish.

I'd like to see Mileena awaken in the Netherrealm, kind of lost and disoriented. I'd like for her to have flashbacks of her time as Empress--showing clips of Kotal, D'Vorah, Reptile, and Ermac. Give a bit of an inner monologue in typical sadistic Mileena fashion.

She makes resolve to hunt them all down, one by one, and make them pay for what they've done to her. It'd be nice to see a rogue Mileena with no affiliation at all to anyone (she was tied to Rain, Tanya, and Baraka in MKX)--kind of like the new Scorpion in a sense.

Just a random thought. I was watching Kill Bill earlier today and it hit me. :p

Blade4693

VIVIVI
He is dead, likely in the Netherrealm BUT this is Quan Chi we are talking about here. I will be the first to say I hate him, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if he had some sort of "insurance" in case he were to get killed, he seems like the type of character that plans things out and thinks ahead for the most part. I am certain he will be back, maybe not in MK11, but I think its safe to say he will be back one day.

And yes they should bring back Tsung, he is awesome and is the only MK1 character NOT in MKX, plus he was shown and/or mentioned in quite a few endings. NRS, don't do Tsung dirty like that.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The writers have said that just because you die doesn't mean you got to the NetherRealm. Also, they themselves do not know what happened to the characters after the story mode. (For example, they mentioned they don't know if Bo'Rai Cho is dead or not when asked.)
(inb4 Jade, who the writers said they have some ideas for her, but her post-MK9 story is yet to be told.)

I think Quan Chi will sit out the next game though.
Personally, I hope that Bo Rai Cho is not only dead, but that he also burns in h3!!.

:p

MORDECA1

Noob
I hope we can forget all about Bo Rai Cho.

I don't even remember anymore, why did the Special Forces want Quan alive before Scorpion executed him? Just wondering if there is a loop hole in there anywhere. It was probably just for information on how to get to Shinook they were looking for.

Reactions: GAV

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
I don't even remember anymore, why did the Special Forces want Quan alive before Scorpion executed him? Just wondering if there is a loop hole in there anywhere. It was probably just for information on how to get to Shinook they were looking for.
So they could return the other revenants to life before going after Shinnok, IIRC.

Just a totally random idea I had, but I'd love to see it--it's a bit Kill Bill-ish.

I'd like to see Mileena awaken in the Netherrealm, kind of lost and disoriented. I'd like for her to have flashbacks of her time as Empress--showing clips of Kotal, D'Vorah, Reptile, and Ermac. Give a bit of an inner monologue in typical sadistic Mileena fashion.

She makes resolve to hunt them all down, one by one, and make them pay for what they've done to her. It'd be nice to see a rogue Mileena with no affiliation at all to anyone (she was tied to Rain, Tanya, and Baraka in MKX)--kind of like the new Scorpion in a sense.

Just a random thought. I was watching Kill Bill earlier today and it hit me. :p
Like there is a chance NRS will treat Mileena like the bride of kill bill .. I mean did she ever beat anyone in the story? She will probably get killed again after trying to get revenge on a insect of D'vorah :p

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Like there is a chance NRS will treat Mileena like the bride of kill bill .. I mean did she ever beat anyone in the story? She will probably get killed again after trying to get revenge on a insect of D'vorah :p
I know! She got no love in the story mode minus throwing a sai through Erron's hand to save Rain.
That was pretty badass when I first saw it.

I'd love it if she got the Scorpion treatment though. ;P

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I think if anything they will reveal that it was actually one of Mileena's "clones" that was executed and the "real" Mileena is still alive