What's new

When do you expect new DLC to be announced?

Well, Boon said on his Twitter account that the DLC sold "ridiculously well", no surprise there, and a lot of us are shouting out for more so if they plan on doing more when do you expect an announcement? I'd say sometime near the end of September.

No way not that early. They like just released Freddy. The new dlc will probably come out some time next year. It wold be stupid to release it this year because all these new awesome games like gears 3, battlefield 3, and MW3 are coming out around this time. Not many people (including me) will be playing MK9 much until like early next year anyways. Just enjoy what you have now.

No way not that early. They like just released Freddy. The new dlc will probably come out some time next year. It wold be stupid to release it this year because all these new awesome games like gears 3, battlefield 3, and MW3 are coming out around this time. Not many people (including me) will be playing MK9 much until like early next year anyways. Just enjoy what you have now.
I don't think it would be stupid. In fact I believe that might keep people fresh to the game. Imagine if MK9 didn't have updates whenever Gears, Battlefield, and MW3 come out? The game would lose it's casual audience, with a new character it gives us competitors time to test a new character before next year's EVO.

arydious

Noob
I seriously doubt another DLC will come out this year. I think at min. they will include some more classic costumes with a couple of compatibility packs. Not to mention if they are thinking hard enough about MK10 they will probably put all focus on that, because there would be no need to invest more money in a game they are going to make another one for. If they make some more DLC, which i really do hope they do I would say it would be a Christmas and or new years thing.

I don't think it would be stupid. In fact I believe that might keep people fresh to the game. Imagine if MK9 didn't have updates whenever Gears, Battlefield, and MW3 come out? The game would lose it's casual audience, with a new character it gives us competitors time to test a new character before next year's EVO.
Sure they have to update and patches and stuff, but NRS is already about to release (as most people know) remakes of MK1,2,andUMK3. that will keep me full of MK for a while. Who doesn't want to be able to kill your opponent in one combo? Sure as hell I do. And if they release a new dlc early next year like I said, the character(s) will still be there and probably playable at Evo.

I think they would be stupid to wait until next year. The game is still fresh and alot of ppl are still playing it. You want to keep them playing it and u want to put the DLC out now while most of them are still playing it. Ppl want more DLC, they are demanding it now, why be stupid and wait until next year when ppl want it NOW. Ppl have been waiting a long time for a MK game like this and they want more now, so if they are smart they will release another season pass before this year otherwise I GUARANTEE DLC sales will be much lower if they wait until next year

Kwon

---->----
Should release while the iron is hot and not wait until next year.

October or Xmas-DLC pack would be great.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
The next time you speak for me is the next time I chop my dick off. MK9 is a great fighting game - those of us who are legitimate fighting game players will continue to play it. Others, such as yourself, who buy new games and play them until the next new game comes out, are just passers-by (and won't be missed).

Subby

Frost Warrior
I would actually go for some Stages with fatalities. :)
I wouldn't expect it for awhile though. They had to wait in order to see if they can continue with DLC. They might've not even started.

I think that if MK10 won't be out for another 2-3 years they should release more costumes for the less fortunate characters(everyone that's not a ninja), maybe downloadable fatalities, and some more stages(preferably some with stage fatalities). We don't need new characters. period.
~Hound.

Well, Boon said on his Twitter account that the DLC sold "ridiculously well", no surprise there, and a lot of us are shouting out for more so if they plan on doing more when do you expect an announcement? I'd say sometime near the end of September.
I wouldnt say that, maybe thanksgiving. Xmas would be really likely because alot of people would be getting their msp cards by then and stuff.

I'd like some klassic kostumes for non ninja characters, shinnok even though hes hated would be nice to use.