What's new

What's Your Favorite Terrible Wrestling Angle?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
So I know a ton of wrestling fans exist on this website (most notably @AK L0rdoftheFLY :DOGE) and I was just wondering what everybody has in mind as their favorite terribad moments.
I think mine has got to be the Bash at the Beach debacle only because even now I have absolutely no idea how to make heads or tails of it. All I know is that all parties involved came out looking like colossal jackasses

For those of you looking to remember such a fond occasion, check this beauty out:

Keep in mind that at the time I was 6 years old and barely able to make sense of simple cartoons and wrestling was *GASP* still real to me. I distinctly remember being very confused as to why what and how that happened, as I still relatively am now.

Props to Konsider The Following's constant wrestling talk to get me on a kick to revisit old stuff, by the way!

Gonna tag a few wrestling fans to see if I could get the ball rolling here

@K7L33THA
@KingHippo
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Saucy Jack
@The BOSS
@haketh
@TopTierHarley
@John Grizzly

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Great topic! I too remember watching Bash live and being utterly, terribly confused. But Booker won! Yay!

One of my absolute favorites has to be the Winter/Angelina Love/Velvet Sky drama from Impact Wrestling TNA back in 2010/2011. Absolute garbage television and I loved every second.

The madness begins here

Continues here

Gets insanely weird here

Goes to bonkers territory here

I would also be remiss in if I didn't include her awesome theme song:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
When I was a kid, I thought the Invasion angle was the coolest thing ever. I loved how my favorite wrestler, The Rock, saved WWF from going out of business. When I grew up and started reading forums, I realized in retrospect how poorly executed it was and how much better it could've been with actual WCW stars like Goldberg and DDP instead of Kurt Angle and Steve Austin.

Instead, they had DDP do that stupid stalker angle with the Undertaker, punked him out, and sent him to mid card hell:

Thus we were left with this:

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Great topic! I too remember watching Bash live and being utterly, terribly confused. But Booker won! Yay!

One of my absolute favorites has to be the Winter/Angelina Love/Velvet Sky drama from Impact Wrestling TNA back in 2010/2011. Absolute garbage television and I loved every second.

The madness begins here

Continues here

Gets insanely weird here

Goes to bonkers territory here

I would also be remiss in if I didn't include her awesome theme song:
Winter is so hot, her theme is awesome as well. True that angle was shiet but I was entertained

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
One of the worst onew would have to be the whole AJ Styles cheated on his wife and probably raped a druggie from TNA. They tried so hard to be a daytime soap opera it was embrassing. Then AJ turned all emo like Liu from that MK series.

Speaking of debacles and TNA, remember when they tried to "steal" the Monday night spot from Raw and restart the Monday Night War? Yea they only did it for that one night because NOBODY WATCHED!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
When I was a kid, I thought the Invasion angle was the coolest thing ever. I loved how my favorite wrestler, The Rock, saved WWF from going out of business. When I grew up and started reading forums, I realized in retrospect how poorly executed it was and how much better it could've been with actual WCW stars like Goldberg and DDP instead of Kurt Angle and Steve Austin.

Instead, they had DDP do that stupid stalker angle with the Undertaker, punked him out, and sent him to mid card hell:

Thus we were left with this:
I loved the Invasion which it had ended better though

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Mine would have to be the whole "I'm your papi"thing with Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio lol their matches were awesome but the story was horrendous
It would have been better if instead of a papers hanging above the ring, they should have hung Dominic up there lol. Also WWE is hella racist

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So I know a ton of wrestling fans exist on this website (most notably @AK L0rdoftheFLY :DOGE) and I was just wondering what everybody has in mind as their favorite terribad moments.
I think mine has got to be the Bash at the Beach debacle only because even now I have absolutely no idea how to make heads or tails of it. All I know is that all parties involved came out looking like colossal jackasses

For those of you looking to remember such a fond occasion, check this beauty out:

Keep in mind that at the time I was 6 years old and barely able to make sense of simple cartoons and wrestling was *GASP* still real to me. I distinctly remember being very confused as to why what and how that happened, as I still relatively am now.

Props to Konsider The Following's constant wrestling talk to get me on a kick to revisit old stuff, by the way!

Gonna tag a few wrestling fans to see if I could get the ball rolling here

@K7L33THA
@KingHippo
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA Saucy Jack
@The BOSS
@haketh
@TopTierHarley
@John Grizzly
2000 era WCW was such an absolute trainwreck that it actually became must see television for me. I don't think I've ever laughed harder than I did during the 'Judy Bagwell on a Pole' match. Vince Russo fucking loved putting shit on poles so much that he actually even put an old lady up on one. I can't find the video, but here's some Wrestlecrap with her featured:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Also, if anyone is interested in some REAL shitty obscure wrestling stuff, I'd be happy to post it. Here's a taste....I dare you get through this shit....