What's new

Question - Reptile What's your favorite Reptile variation so far?

Favorite Reptile variation so far?

• Deceptive

• Noxious

• Nimble

• Deceptive and Noxious equally

• Deceptive and Nimble equally

• Noxious and Nimble equally

• None in particular

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I do think it's useless. I think that as it stands, unless there's something i've missed, I've seen nothing that indicates this variation will be picked competitively outside of character loyalty or some such thing.

The rest of it was explaining why I feel it's useless since you think that it's just we don't understand things.
It has a use.

It gives a damage buff and it completely masks your attacks for a period of time.

It's not like he won't be able to activate it, he has a multiple projectile at varying speeds(and including one that can be stopped mid air at any time and another that is a pool of DOT on the floor) that can buy him that one second needed to activate it.

Is this better than a short period of slowed time, or stackable DOT? Probably not, but being worse than the alternatives is not the same as lacking a use.

It has a use. It does not, in fact, do nothing. It does something. It does some things.

Unless you've forgotten what the word "useless" means.

I remember when reptiles Trailer was release some people said he wasn't gonna be good, but now that we have seen all of his variations in detail I see SO MUCH potential...

I can't remember which variation does what moves but the one where he goes into slow motion and where his speed was increased just reminded me of flash, and we know how op he was in injustice, but better this time in mkx.

His invisibility move is also actually better than I thought, probably the least favourite but it still love it so much! The insane set ups and cross ups he could have, especially in the corner. Made me think of ares, I also forgot does he become visible once hit or does he stay completely invisible through out a certain time limit?

And probably my favourite one the "stinker" variation, it reminds me soooo much of grundy from injustice, I straight away though in my mind, ex stinker with ex spit puddle (correct me if the names are wrong) while trapping opponent in the corner, with added pressure and combos... Eat that chip. reptile is looking so good.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Will the opponent take damage if he is attacking Noxious Reptile who is just sitting there blocking?
Yes, so it will definitely be a bad idea to get close and attempt to handle his ball if you are losing the match.

By the way, did you ever play MK with your old boss Arsene Wenger? I hear his favorite character is Kenshi, because when he uses cheap tech, he can claim that "he did not see it".

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Noxious will range from convenient and safe to op as invis and flash trait are huge ? Marks. I'm wondering how much a grab will do in that shit... And we all know mk9 reptile was godlike as a grab charcter and knockdown machine. It could be a nightmare
Not everyone knows that

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Musard and I did something a little like this last night.

I think we'll see a LOT of Noxious players on day one, it'll just make him do so much more damage in combos, it'll be interesting to see if that becomes a bit too powerful?

We'll have to wait and see.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is it actually confirmed that Invisibility will cause a damage buff? I didn't see anything or hear any mention of it on the stream.
Seeing as how literally every single one of his returning signature moves from MK9 work exactly the same at base, what possible reason would there be for invisibility to not also work exactly the same at base?

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Noxious, because the corner combo setups are disgusting. It seems the Noxious poison damage is not factored into the full combo and ending strings into EX Spit (Acid Puddle) with the 2% dmg over time + hard knockdown is downright dirty.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Keen to see some more gameplay of Deceptive, could be a dark-horse variation in the game.
12-EX Invisibility is a dirty set up. They are forced to guess between the b3 low and the b2 overhead. You can get a few set ups out of this while still invisible.