What's new

Strategy What's Your Favorite Bane Wakeup and Why?

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
I feel as if I wake up with venom double punch way to often when under pressure. Even when it is not working. The problem is, sometimes it works great. Let me know what your experiences are.

I can't hit a fucking wake up to save my life lol

The knockdowns have different durations and I haven't figured it out yet. I would definitely choose double punch though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Me personally, depends on the opponent and what they are doing.

If its someone who likes to go to the air in front of me, Venom uppercut
If its someone who likes to cross-up, I prefer to use standing 2 with its amazing hitbox, or charge to gtfo. Or use a reverse-input upper/double.
If its someone who expects a wake-up so they choose to guard it, I scoop them for free.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
They're all shit without Venom to me. I feel like there's next to no invincibility frames on them.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They're all shit without Venom to me. I feel like there's next to no invincibility frames on them.
Theres not. What did you think this was, MK?
But in honesty, try standing 2 if they are cross-up heavy opponents. It catches more than you'd believe.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Theres not. What did you think this was, MK?
But in honesty, try standing 2 if they are cross-up heavy opponents. It catches more than you'd believe.
Harley Quinn's Tantrum Stance has full invincibility frames, leads into huge combos on hit and can't seem to be whiff punished as she can roll away on a whim.

I think an anti air or Double Punch having a little wouldn't break the game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Harley Quinn's Tantrum Stance has full invincibility frames, leads into huge combos on hit and can't seem to be whiff punished as she can roll away on a whim.

I think an anti air or Double Punch having a little wouldn't break the game.
You realize we can venom-punch it on wake-up and if we have armor we eat through. The hitbox on our DP is absurd.

We are Bane players, invincibility is for those who are afraid. We crush our opponent's attacks for the sake of showing them how futile their efforts truly are. We don't just break players bodies, we break their spirits.

*Drops RYX on my knee*

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
We're also a stubborn group who won't admit that we may need some help in the long run. Reminds me of Sheeva all over again. We got good stuff. That doesn't mean our character is great.

And I hope you guys are exagerrating. Bane has NO invincible wake-up move at all? I understand if it were not fully invincible due to Bane's slow moves, but no bonus frames at all?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh no, I have no problem admitting there can be some positive changes. Maybe some higher damage, less mobility drop on level 3 cooldown, a better functioning super, better advantage on ring toss, or at least armour on it. I just take pride in the character I use regardless of what he lacks. If he gains more, then I'm happy. If he doesn't, I'll play him anyways so it'll just take some work.

I struggle with wake up timing as well but that's something i should figure out eventually. My biggest issue tho is failing the input on Double Punch and having f2 come out instead and getting punished. Hard.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I struggle with wake up timing as well but that's something i should figure out eventually. My biggest issue tho is failing the input on Double Punch and having f2 come out instead and getting punished. Hard.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Same lol.

Double Punch is the go to wake up IMO, until maybe more tech is discovered.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Sounds like everyone is experiencing something similar. No venom, no wakeup. I have been doing a reverse double punch on cross overs. I'll try a standing 2 on crossovers.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Yea, like you guys said, without Venom on wake-ups you get stuffed. I find that I sometimes need LVL 2 to break the attacks I'm facing on a wake-up. But, double punch or venom uppercut is the way to go on wake-ups. Unless you want to go to LVL 3 and try a body press.