What's new

What's the timing to shocker to 3,3,4

I don't get it.

I like to do this combo;

3, 3, 4, teleport, F+2, Shocker, 3, 3, 4

The thing is, the 3,3,4 connecting after shocker seems random. I don't get the timing to it.

Any help?

Maybe you should look around here for someone who Mains Raiden, or is just really good with him.

I don't know if he is on this forum, But maybe you can find JOP to help you out.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
hello..raiden player here haha :)
The timing is really weird..like an otherone said its 2 second animation..!if you try to press button just before the cancel it destroys automatically the timing for some reason and you cant 3,3,4 afterwards..trick one is to watch the charge on raidens hands when the flash goes to maximum is a slit sec before he release him..trick two is to dash at the end of the animation and then just a frame after the dash cancel with 3,3,4..that gives you a timing and also i think it cancels the animation so you will have a small optical cancel..!its really hard so it needs a lot of practice...!when i dont feel it i do b-321 superman just to have the damage..hope i helped :)

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I main Raiden. This combo is not good.

It used to be very do able but now is not, he got patched.

Your main goal with Raiden is not to do dmg put instead to get them into the corner THEN do dmg.

I would say just stick to B312, dash, 334, BF3. 28% and gets them deep in the corner. When in the corner do 334, 334, 33, DF2, F24. 38%

Keep on the pressure and keep them in the corner and you should be fine. The combo you are talking about is not worth the damage for how many times you will drop it. And does not get them into the corner as much.

Your main goal with Raiden is not to do dmg put instead to get them into the corner THEN do dmg.

I would say just stick to B312, dash, 334, BF3. 28% and gets them deep in the corner. When in the corner do 334, 334, 33, DF2, F24. 38%

Keep on the pressure and keep them in the corner and you should be fine. The combo you are talking about is not worth the damage for how many times you will drop it. And does not get them into the corner as much.
3, 3, 4, teleport, F+2, Shocker, 3, 3, 4 superman

he can add superman at the end ?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
3, 3, 4, teleport, F+2, Shocker, 3, 3, 4 superman

he can add superman at the end ?
That isn't the problem, it's the timeing on the tele, F+2, Shocker. He will be about 2 dashes further from the corner than with his main Bn'B

Used to be very possible now its just usles.

Grub

Noob
The timing is weird, yeah.

Basically, do the teleport, but delay the post-teleport inputs longer than your instincts tell you to. Just as the other guy is about to hit the ground, do a standing regular jab IMMEDIATELY followed by the shocker. This used to be an impossible combo for me until I figured out you gotta delay that pre-shocker punch past what feels reasonable. It can still fail sometimes, but that's how I got to using it on a normal basis and it's almost muscle memory now. The only times it ever fails consistently for me are when online lag plays heavily into it.

are you serious? u need to work on your execution.

a major limitation with players who only play mk is that they rely on dial combos. this is a few frame link... this is is most damaging mid screen meter less combo dude. ... you just have to stop using an HDTV (only asus monitor) and use a tube tv to feel the consistent links. 334 tele 2 shock 334 superman...

B3, 1, 2, dash, shocker, B3, 1, 2 superman = 33%. No need to do any other combo
again.. pitiful. ~ 40% with 334tele2shock334superman so ya, there is a need to do other combos. the start up on b3 is not good for situational punishes. (shakes head... online players)

Instead of doing 334~superman after shocker, just do f2~vicinity blast, b3~superman. Same damage, and even in lag, you can drop the b3 (for 2% damage) and the superman is easy to connect.

JrK

Probably Drunk
are you serious? u need to work on your execution.

a major limitation with players who only play mk is that they rely on dial combos. this is a few frame link... this is is most damaging mid screen meter less combo dude. ... you just have to stop using an HDTV (only asus monitor) and use a tube tv to feel the consistent links. 334 tele 2 shock 334 superman...
+1
It took a lot of lab time, but I rarely drop it anymore. Quite worth it.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
...Didn't Krebs take Tom Brady out of winners at CEO? I think that was the name...

Anyway... Indulge a guy who might like to pick up Raiden one of these days. I get the timing on shocker -> :fk:fk:bk. What I can't hit consistently is the :fk:fk:bk~teleport, shocker portion. I've been practicing incessantly but I just really can't get it down.

...Didn't Krebs take Tom Brady out of winners at CEO? I think that was the name...

Anyway... Indulge a guy who might like to pick up Raiden one of these days. I get the timing on shocker -> :fk:fk:bk. What I can't hit consistently is the :fk:fk:bk~teleport, shocker portion. I've been practicing incessantly but I just really can't get it down.
Interesting that you say this. I find linking 334 after shocker to be way too inconsistent for a bnb combo.

As to your question, do 334~teleport, f2~shocker. Makes it much easier, and you actually have to pause your input of the f2 slightly because of how much time you have to link it.

SGX

Noob
Lots of unhelpful bs in here, lol.

Krebs: I occasionally have difficulty hitting this link as well, but the best method is just to get a feel for how long the shocker lasts. Like Nivek said, hitting too early will just cause the 3 to whiff (and it will look like you hit it late, which is probably the confusing part)

Vilén: Do 3,3,4 teleport f+2, shocker. Adding the f+2 will not only give you more damage, it makes the combo infinitely easier to time.