What's new

What's the plan for DLC characters' gear, skins, etc?

Hey everyone! Perhaps I missed it, but have NRS addressed how gear, skins, augments, and all that will work for DLC characters? Is there a plan to have people unlock it similar to what we have now, or will all of their stuff be unlocked from the beginning?

Probably new heart chests in the krypt (and you need to respawn the other ones). In fact the are some locations that you open a door with a skeleton key and leads to nothing, that could be the location if a future heart chest.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Assuming the DLC characters won't just have everything unlocked like they did in Mkx, there's talk of NRS expanding on the Krypt. New chests for the DLC could be there if that's true.

Afumba

Noob
I would bet they will do it the way everybody will hate it... you buy the character/skin and then you have to grind gear/color swap in ToT, Krypt and Ai Battles. Ofc the Krypt stuff will be split between chests, Shrine and Kollector. You know... cuz its soooo much fun, not to mention imaginative and rewarding. :-/

thesacrifist

Too old for this
We have no idea - but NRS is probably thinking it through to avoid more backlash over poorly tuned reward systems.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
good question .... someone in the datamine, found the "Living Forest" as possible DLC expasion for the Krypt .... maybe they will do it , to give people additional option to explore it a bit more for the DLC characters gears and skins

Espio

Kokomo
What's the deal on DLC itself? Any word as to who will be included in the first pack? Release dates? Or just radio silence still from NRS?
As far as we know we're still on radio silence.

I assume we'll get something at Combo Breaker or shortly after, but of course all that is super speculative at best.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
What's the deal on DLC itself? Any word as to who will be included in the first pack? Release dates? Or just radio silence still from NRS?
good question .... the game will make 1 month release time, and nothing but only Shang Tsung teased so far .... wtf, NRS, where are the rest ? we all wanna get hyped with the DLC news !! :confused: