What's new

Question - Liu Kang What's the deal with certain parts of Liu Kang's strings whiffing from distance on hit?

Should this be fixed?

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
First of all, I'm not a Liu main by any means, and I'm just labbing some of his lesser documented stuff, but I genuinely think he's being screwed over by this.

F213, F123, and F4 all seem to have issues where if the first hit is landed from max range, the next hit will whiff due to the hitstun animation of the first hit knocking their hurtbox out of the collision area. In Dragon's Fire particularly this seems to hurt his conversion arsenal as he's unable to link a next string from a FBRC (I did also notice that F21xxMetamorphosis change also true combos into 113 in the corner in Dualist though). It's entirely possible that even if this was fixed, he still might not be able to link a FBRC due to having to run in too far before the opponent recovers, but at least he could reliably use MB Bicycle Kick as a conversion option.

A lot of you guys know more about Liu than I do though, so I'm wondering, is there a reason behind this to prevent his close quarters game from perhaps being overkill or is it a legitimate design oversight on Netherrealm's part?

P.S. Vote in the poll responsibly. I don't wanna see the reasoning become a stark contrast of "free buffs? hellz yeah" and 9.95 Phil's "Liu Kang caused the holocaust, he doesn't deserve shit" agenda. :p

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It's an Issue inherent with the 3D models NRS uses. Kitana's F21 did this back in MK9 as well.