What's new

Whats is up with Crunchys super fast uppercut?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
This is not a whine thread, I am not here going 'lol nerf his uppercut, its too fast'. I am just wondering: Why is it so fast? Fast uppercuts are usually given to rushdown characters like cage, kung lao and sonya. Another sorceror, shang tsung has one of the slowest uppercuts in the game. So why does quan chi have a very fast one? It is really annoying as sub zero where he can interrupt a string with an uppercut sometimes.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
This is not a whine thread, I am not here going 'lol nerf his uppercut, its too fast'. I am just wondering: Why is it so fast? Fast uppercuts are usually given to rushdown characters like cage, kung lao and sonya. Another sorceror, shang tsung has one of the slowest uppercuts in the game. So why does quan chi have a very fast one? It is really annoying as sub zero where he can interrupt a string with an uppercut sometimes.
Why shouldn't he? His defense is atrocious and the only thing he really has going for defense is said uppercut. Wake-Up TeleStomp? Yeah right, only works if they're standing over you combo'ing hi and eating an ice cream sandwich.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Why shouldn't he? His defense is atrocious and the only thing he really has going for defense is said uppercut. Wake-Up TeleStomp? Yeah right, only works if they're standing over you combo'ing hi and eating an ice cream sandwich.
I guess, I just find it surprising. I always saw Crunchy as a low tier guy and never played too many of them. So I was kinda shocked that he would have such a good uppercut. As Sub Zero im very jealous :). But anyway, I would never suggest to take it away, i am just saying that I am a bit surprised that he would have it after hearing about how bad he was.

DIRTY

Noob
Pretty much this. Poor Quan only has one wake up option, And it's punishable as f**k on block. Thank god he's at least got a beast uppercut.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I've picked him up yesterday and noticed his wake up options are limited to none lol his uppercut I find to be his best one because a corner rush down on Quan Chi...like Lui Kang...forget it it's all over I get hit out of his ground stomp SO many times on wake up lol.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
whats his 73% damage combo i just started using him and the best i can do is 48-51% wuth x ray
It's believe its a reset scenario. The one I believe Mr Admiral Augustus(correct me if I'm wrong admiral) up^ there pulled off on me the other day. There is no combo in the game that can hit
70+ with out a reset.

-b_s- :headbang:

Pagan

Noob
Since the last patch, it's been possible to end combos with rune traps once more. You have to be quit about it though.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Quan chi's uppercut is pretty much his only way of telling people to step the fuck back for a while. GG earlier btw Lyuben.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Quan chi's uppercut is pretty much his only way of telling people to step the fuck back for a while. GG earlier btw Lyuben.
Ahh, that was you. Yes it was a good game. I noticed you even pulled that fast uppercut one me a few times.

gravager

Noob
is it me or does he have very fast sweep too? slow on the recovery & short range but like kabal fast on the hit

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
His uppercut and sweep are both awesome because it's cool to have at least two normals that aren't complete ass.

I abuse the HELL of out his sweep. Teleport behind them -> grab or sweep. Hell, I've even sweeped people while they were waking up which is fun as hell but rarely happens.

Xstatic

Noob
His sweep is fast, but his hitbox doesn't lower that much and the range is mediocre. Because of this, I find that I get hit out of it pretty often.

Crunchy's hitbox on low block is great. The first hit of Sub-Zero's 22 whiffs completely. I wonder what else it avoids.

if they would take away his uppercut too (much like they did with my sky drop stagger) QC will officially become the nearest thing possible to shit..it's the only anti air he has