What's new

What you've/we've done to help MK9 grow.

A lot of talk recently about what we the kommunity can do to keep MK9 a top tier game in the FGC (Fighting game community)

SO... heres a thread to show what you or someone you know has done or plans to do to help the MK9 scene grow.

Not only that, but a thread to show what people CAN do to help (if they so desire... which they better! XD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My plans are the following.

1. Go to my local Play N Trade and talk to the owner (who I'm on good terms with) and talk about holding a MK9 tourney for Central NJ.

2. Get all my FG fan friends into MK.

3. Go to EVO2k11 and add a number of attendees to their MK9 count (The more people that show up for MK at Evo the greater the chance of the games return for years to come).

4. Try and get a MK9 petition for 8 on the break arcade to play/stream the game.

5. Try to get MK9 back on the shoryuken.com's forum scroll >.<

Now its your turn.

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
I am trying really hard to get a solid community where i live. When i went to Gamestop at the midnight release we had 60 people show up for the tourney so i know that the people are around it is just getting people to come out and want to grow and be social. The local gaming cafe has been holding tourneys that 4 or 5 people show up to. I have been trying to get people to come out by offering help after tourneys to give pointers on Character gameplay and fundamentals. I really strive to have a local scene near me instead of having to drive 3 hours to the nearest one any chance i get. If 60 people show up for a release tourney then i should be able to atleast get 20 people to come play on friday nights. I for one want to see MK9 thrive not just survive.

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
Trust me. I honestly do not want a franchise war but i want a thriving fighting game community. I play so many games but my main games as of now are MK9 and SSFIIT.

chessmaster

Dojo Trainee
i play mk9, ssf4 and tekken 6. but with ssf4 ae and tekken tag 2 on the way mk is going to get some serious competition. especially against arcade edition since its right around the corner.

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
I honestly doubt that AE will do much. SF4 has been dieing since other games have been crashing the scene. If anything effects MK9 it will be TT2 but i do not think that it will.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
THIS and youll be happy to know i found a few people in my state who didnt know there was a TYM site or MK9 casuals in their area. so i gave everybody in KOTH room a link, played and had fun. im gonna keep at it (as should everyone) and hoepfully people will start playing local scenes more.

THIS and youll be happy to know i found a few people in my state who didnt know there was a TYM site or MK9 casuals in their area. so i gave everybody in KOTH room a link, played and had fun. im gonna keep at it (as should everyone) and hoepfully people will start playing local scenes more.
That... is a really good idea.... (Your thread)

Trippfan

That Bob Ross Guy.....
THIS and youll be happy to know i found a few people in my state who didnt know there was a TYM site or MK9 casuals in their area..
My main goal is to have a fighting game community in the area. There are roughly 6 colleges in the area and i am certain that i can find people hopefully. My main problem is getting the networking down. People in the area tend to stay under a rock instead of searching out for other local players unless it is an FPS.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I try whenever I can to help out the newer players out here in Philly. But at the moment I am helping newer nightwolf players and teaching them fundamentals and such. Every bit counts.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
My main goal is to have a fighting game community in the area. There are roughly 6 colleges in the area and i am certain that i can find people hopefully. My main problem is getting the networking down. People in the area tend to stay under a rock instead of searching out for other local players unless it is an FPS.
make a fighting game club then or tell someone on a campus to do that. do WHATEVER YOU CAN to involve people in your area. the only reason its hard is because of all the legwork thats involved in putting a scene together. like picking a place, a date to do it in, the people who are playing and what it is you will be playing. that stuff takes time. and unfortunately weve been given the dubious honor of bringing back a once laughed at scene so whatever was you can take o make it easier for everyone to get in and play, TAKE IT.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Not really sure what a thread like this is really for. is it a contest? just do your thing and keep supporting MK9, TYM and the entire FGC.

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
i play mk9, ssf4 and tekken 6. but with ssf4 ae and tekken tag 2 on the way mk is going to get some serious competition. especially against arcade edition since its right around the corner.
As history shows TT2 won’t be released on consoles till late 2012 or early 2013. And SSF4AE will just replace SSF4. So honestly I don’t think newer games will affect MK9 that much.

Not really sure what a thread like this is really for. is it a contest? just do your thing and keep supporting MK9, TYM and the entire FGC.
Nah not a contest, just a place for people to go to if they're looking for ways to help the scene grow, or if they wanna give input on how they think they/others can help the scene grow.

chessmaster

Dojo Trainee
As history shows TT2 won’t be released on consoles till late 2012 or early 2013. And SSF4AE will just replace SSF4. So honestly I don’t think newer games will affect MK9 that much.
you're right tt2 is probably a LONG way away. but i expect people to be going nuts over arcade edition. but competition breeds innovation.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
TT2 and/or SFxTekken, depending on their releases, will take MvC3's spot. MvC3 just doesnt have even a remote chance of obtaining a life span like MvC2. I almost wish something else would hurry up and come out to replace its spot.

I know Third Strike Online will be probably be the next Capcom FG release, but if you arent playing 3s NOW, then i dont see it replacing a top Capcom at tourneys. Which is sad because 3s shits all over SF4 and MvC3.

TT2 and/or SFxTekken, depending on their releases, will take MvC3's spot. MvC3 just doesnt have even a remote chance of obtaining a life span like MvC2. I almost wish something else would hurry up and come out to replace its spot.

I know Third Strike Online will be probably be the next Capcom FG release, but if you arent playing 3s NOW, then i dont see it replacing a top Capcom at tourneys. Which is sad because 3s shits all over SF4 and MvC3.

MvC3 IMO will be around longer then you think. As long as they patch certain things and keep adding characters... people will keep playing. At the very least its got 4 years left. Theres nothing NEW out there thats similar enough to take its place so theres not gonna be another game that fans of that style can flock too.

But I do agree with you about 3s > life.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
MvC3 IMO will be around longer then you think. As long as they patch certain things and keep adding characters... people will keep playing. At the very least its got 4 years left. Theres nothing NEW out there thats similar enough to take its place so theres not gonna be another game that fans of that style can flock too.

But I do agree with you about 3s > life.
From what ive been told, Capcom wont be supporting MvC3 in regards to DLC, further patches etc. we'll see tho, but its just a game thats current, ready to be replaced by the next hottest thing.