What's new

What to do against turtelers?

It really annoys me when my opponent turtles like hell and i can't break through their defense. I just can't think how to beat them? Could anyone please help me here? If it helps I mainly play Usub, the smokes, Ermac and nightwolf.

Thanks

dreemernj

Ambassador
Chip away. Throw out runjabs and lowstarting combos. The damage will start to mount up as you do it.

But do it with the goal of being ready when they try to break out. Know in advance what you are going to try to do to them. I'm not sure about Usub because he can be such a good defensive character how to really apply the pressure to a turtler. My guess would be while rushing them throw in occasional knees and alternate between variations of his kick combos. And be ready for them to try to jump away from you. When they do nab them with aaHP->freeze or something like that.

^^ yea that won't always work, because most people know how to block throws (hold back while blocking) and then you are just throwing out slow lp's and giving your opponent space.

You can try and turtle them back so they have to play more aggressive. Take them outta there element they will crumble hehe.

I find, more than run jabs, but run up knees are whats good to go against with extreme turtle players. Keep your eye on your run bar and when its about depeleted let go with a knee starting combo. IF they wait the whole time for you to knock them away with a combo they prob just lost 15-20% damage blocking lol.

T2 ExCon said:
^^ yea that won't always work, because most people know how to block throws (hold back while blocking) and then you are just throwing out slow lp's and giving your opponent space.
Obviously you don't understand run jabs.

I do understand run jabs and use them. I was saying that hitting lp once and expecting a throw every time isn't something to bet on.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No one I know who plays UMK3 ever does LPs expecting a throw unless it's a very well placed cross up.

step 1. chip away alittle bit till you have slightly more health than him

step 2. stand back, and become a turtle yourslf. Just stand there like you dont give a rat's ass about playing. wait for the time to run out. but be ready for any surprise attacks from him incase of such an event.

step 3. Hell figure out what you are doing, and will try to attack you, thus, hes no longer turtling. Otherwise, the time will run out, you win.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Or just logically chip them until they break their strategy or lose. The bottom line is they have to attack at some point to win.

Shock said:
Or just logically chip them until they break their strategy or lose. The bottom line is they have to attack at some point to win.
Exactly, eventually they'll throw out a Ducking LK, or try to back away. Jump on that opportunity.

Ive tried these methods against really good turtlers but most of the time it fails. When i chip away against ermac or hsmoke, they just teleport and do the combo. And its like its unblockable cuz i block right when they teleport but they still can hit me :evil:

The only thing that has ever worked is jk's over and over but still somehow uppercut me. Is there a way to avoid this? Also is there a way to jk so that the opponent cant aa u with a hp?

TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
The only thing that has ever worked is jk's over and over but still somehow uppercut me. Is there a way to avoid this? Also is there a way to jk so that the opponent cant aa u with a hp?
Nope. As long as the hp is well placed then your out of luck. I'll remember to do that to you more :lol:

Rockzilla220 said:
Nope. As long as the hp is well placed then your out of luck. I'll remember to do that to you more :lol:
haha :wink: Ive noticed you do the aa alot Rock :lol:

Umm so no anti move for anti-air... interesting :twisted:

Rockzilla220 said:

Air projectile and rush? Works well with Kabal against ninja aaRHs. Espescially Reptile.. right Abc? 8)

TheRedPsychosis said:
Rockzilla220 said:

Air projectile and rush? Works well with Kabal against ninja aaRHs. Espescially Reptile.. right Abc? 8)
:roll: