What's new

What steps do you take to deal with frustration?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hey guys, so I've been finding myself getting pretty downright frustrated with myself lately. I'm making a lot of careless mistakes against Ermac match ups which I know aren't very difficult but I keep doing it. I'm also trying to pick up Shang and Reptile; which means I get to get my ass handed to me all over again with the entire cast, more or less.

I usually just have to walk away from the game after a while, and I understand that I have to lose to learn what my mistakes are, but it's just gotten to the point where I'm just downright aggravated with the game lately so clearly my approach isn't working. It's just become difficult to push myself through this, considering that this huge patch is coming out...

I'm somewhat considering if I should even attempt to learn Reptile and Shang until the patch is released? :confused:

lobo

woof.
lobo's 12 step recovery program for frustration/anger/depression/boredom:

step 1: turn on utorrent
step 2: download Beatles Discography or the latest GaGa album (this will guarantee constant and measurable upload traffic)
step 3: set upload rate to 35-38 kbps maximum
step 4: close utorrent
step 5: get on MK9 online
step 6: go to GAMEFAQS room
step 7: challenge anybody there
step 8: wait for character select
step 9: pick kung-lao
step 10: open utorrent
step 11: do D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2, D, U, 3, 2
step 12: be happy.

Sleepy

Noob
Sometimes the input delay will cause a really sloppy and infuriating fight, Online against strangers with lag makes my blood boil as well. I'm waiting for this SUPPOSED online patch/fix.

Otherwise... I just smoke a bowl but, I'm a bad influence and not suggesting that. :)

GNG Iniquity

Otherwise... I just smoke a bowl but, I'm a bad influence and not suggesting that. :)
Oh, I have no doubt that it'd put me in a Zen like state, but sadly I'm not living in California anymore...if I were I'd definitely try to get a card! Haha

I've heard rumors that Wong and Marn both smoke, so you may be onto something here...

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Music, drink some water, stretch, do something else for a bit/take a break and think about what I did wrong.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
I have found myself pretty much being the same IniquityDM, i enjoy playing and dont mind loseing, but when i get match ups against people that really dont have a clue what there doing and its laggy as hell and i lose im sat there like arhhh!! ffs i shouldnt of lost that, and because of lag also its preventing me to time my combos right so i hope this patch or lag issue thing whatever gets sorted soon :)

GNG Iniquity

I have found myself pretty much being the same IniquityDM, i enjoy playing and dont mind loseing, but when i get match ups against people that really dont have a clue what there doing and its laggy as hell and i lose im sat there like arhhh!! ffs i shouldnt of lost that, and because of lag also its preventing me to time my combos right so i hope this patch or lag issue thing whatever gets sorted soon :)
Yeah, I lost to a Sub Zero the other day who did essentially nothing but turtle the game and keep sliding, the lag was so bad that I couldn't react to it quickly enough. Online just blows right now and there's too many bad players who purposely abuse this stuff to deliberately piss you off. It is what it is. I just hope this game gets better online, because man, it sucks right now.

ApocalypseUK

I Will Kill You For Sport.
Yeah, I lost to a Sub Zero the other day who did essentially nothing but turtle the game and keep sliding, the lag was so bad that I couldn't react to it quickly enough. Online just blows right now and there's too many bad players who purposely abuse this stuff to deliberately piss you off. It is what it is. I just hope this game gets better online, because man, it sucks right now.
exactly so lets hope it get's sorted soon and people cant abuse the lag to there advantage, then they wouldnt win muhaha lol :evil: