What's new

What sort of offensive tools are you hoping to see in future movesets?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I recently caved, bought MK9 and I'm loving it. I'm maining Smoke and he was largely what got me so curious about the game since he has a unique projectile that teleports his opponents to him. This got me thinking about a pretty fun topic to use for a brainstorming session with you guys?

What kind of offensive tricks do you hope to see show up in Injustice with any of the new characters?

You can be as specific to a character or as general as you want, but the idea is to talk about a move, its purpose, and how it functions.

For example:
Teleport Projectile
  • Fast projectile that tracks with low startup
  • hits low
  • Teleports opponent to fall from top of screen in front of player as if hit out of the air
  • used for resets and combo starters from anywhere on screen
Feel free to write up a little list of tools and nifty ideas for moves you've had kicking around in your heads for awhile. Got an idea for how you'd like Aquaman's trident to function on some specials if he makes it in? Write up a breakdown. Got an idea for a cool dash up low for no one in particular, but you think would be fun? Write up a breakdown.

Have fun with this TYM. Should prove interesting to hear what sort of specials, zoning tools, lows or other stuff people would be interested in having to play with in Injustice.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Well I guess since my favorite fighting game of all time is Street Fighter, I would love to see a character that operated similarly to Super Turbo Deejay, or even sf4 deejay. I wouldn't mind a character that operated like Juri using her feng shui engine either. I would like to see more fuzzy guards like Adon's nj mk or nj hk so, but that's me wanting the game to have mechanics that I think would be too powerful that game

shaowebb

I got a move I'd like.

Springboard overhead:

• Springboard move where you dive with a physical attack that hits high that travels at the angle of Johnny Cage's fireball
  • useful for going over horizontal projectiles with your character to start pressure
  • extremely fast startup and fast moving
  • punishable on whif neutral on block. Punishable on whif so its not a runaway option and so you could bait it and punish, but neutral on block to make it possible to start pressure in the right matchups with it.
  • Causes bounce on hit low damage.
I don't care if the move is a kick, double ax handle, weapon, or whatever. I liked Andy Bogard's springboard kick in KoF and always thought a faster one with different recovery would be pretty awesome in a game. At 16 seconds you see the kick I'm talking about and I'm thinking a super fast move like this traveling along the same arc Johnny Cage's fireball
would be pretty sweet. Course it wouldn't carry folks to the corner, but would act as an overhead single hit bounce inducing move, but still the idea is pretty fun.

I would love to see a physical attack like this in Injustice. Closest I got is maybe something Catwoman has right now, but its not the same as what I'd like to see. Maybe for Deathstroke or someone...

Fun thought is the best counter to a character with hard to escape pressure based around this tool would be to cut down the wires and create a stage hazard that he couldn't use the move near given it comes in at an arc that'd fry them if they went up into those wires in the batcave.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I wouldn't know a move precisely but maybe combos that lead into techable throws, i think CW has 1 not too sure, but that be cool mind game,
but as far mechanics i think it be cool if you can delay certain combos in this (think off Jin from Tekken),

Something that i think would be cool i never seen in a fighting game, and maybe only have it on 1 or 2 chars too not over kill it,
would be an a move that only hits when opponents blocking, to either stun them or launch them, but make it work only on a blocking Char and make a special glow so its not random and more techable,

but if the opponent lets go off block, make it whiff and be very easy to punished so it wont be abused

Just a way to add on the the Low, Overheads and throw game, so there's something new

shaowebb

Here's another tool I'd like to see in someone's arsenal.

Ricochet projectile
  • Shoots at an angle towards ground and bounces up.
  • Hits standing or crouching depending on where it is during its trajectory
  • slower projectile. Meant for spacing
  • no knockdown, just normal hitstun.
  • average startup and recovery
I like bouncing projectiles that eat space in fighters and so seldom do we see any. It'd be fun to see one in Injustice since they are pretty cool for spacing as your movement has to adapt to where its current position is on the screen and since it ricochets that changes. Useful for setups and cornering.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I would like to know if the Player 1 advantage will be an issue or if this is long resolved.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I got a move I'd like.

Springboard overhead:

• Springboard move where you dive with a physical attack that hits high that travels at the angle of Johnny Cage's fireball
  • useful for going over horizontal projectiles with your character to start pressure
  • extremely fast startup and fast moving
  • punishable on whif neutral on block. Punishable on whif so its not a runaway option and so you could bait it and punish, but neutral on block to make it possible to start pressure in the right matchups with it.
  • Causes bounce on hit low damage.
I don't care if the move is a kick, double ax handle, weapon, or whatever. I liked Andy Bogard's springboard kick in KoF and always thought a faster one with different recovery would be pretty awesome in a game. At 16 seconds you see the kick I'm talking about and I'm thinking a super fast move like this traveling along the same arc Johnny Cage's fireball
would be pretty sweet. Course it wouldn't carry folks to the corner, but would act as an overhead single hit bounce inducing move, but still the idea is pretty fun.

I would love to see a physical attack like this in Injustice. Closest I got is maybe something Catwoman has right now, but its not the same as what I'd like to see. Maybe for Deathstroke or someone...

Fun thought is the best counter to a character with hard to escape pressure based around this tool would be to cut down the wires and create a stage hazard that he couldn't use the move near given it comes in at an arc that'd fry them if they went up into those wires in the batcave.
Sonya's Arc Kick? MK2011?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Here's another tool I'd like to see in someone's arsenal.

Ricochet projectile
  • Shoots at an angle towards ground and bounces up.
  • Hits standing or crouching depending on where it is during its trajectory
  • slower projectile. Meant for spacing
  • no knockdown, just normal hitstun.
  • average startup and recovery
I like bouncing projectiles that eat space in fighters and so seldom do we see any. It'd be fun to see one in Injustice since they are pretty cool for spacing as your movement has to adapt to where its current position is on the screen and since it ricochets that changes. Useful for setups and cornering.
Kung Lao's Ex Low hat? MK2011?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I recently caved, bought MK9 and I'm loving it. I'm maining Smoke and he was largely what got me so curious about the game since he has a unique projectile that teleports his opponents to him. This got me thinking about a pretty fun topic to use for a brainstorming session with you guys?

What kind of offensive tricks do you hope to see show up in Injustice with any of the new characters?

You can be as specific to a character or as general as you want, but the idea is to talk about a move, its purpose, and how it functions.

For example:
Teleport Projectile
  • Fast projectile that tracks with low startup
  • hits low
  • Teleports opponent to fall from top of screen in front of player as if hit out of the air
  • used for resets and combo starters from anywhere on screen
Feel free to write up a little list of tools and nifty ideas for moves you've had kicking around in your heads for awhile. Got an idea for how you'd like Aquaman's trident to function on some specials if he makes it in? Write up a breakdown. Got an idea for a cool dash up low for no one in particular, but you think would be fun? Write up a breakdown.

Have fun with this TYM. Should prove interesting to hear what sort of specials, zoning tools, lows or other stuff people would be interested in having to play with in Injustice.

LOL, you want dem smoke bombs!

Give it to batman, he throws his smoke pellet at them and it drops them (upside down) in front of him.

Also give him a teleport with his smoke pellet like Cyblax's!

shaowebb

LOL, you want dem smoke bombs!

Give it to batman, he throws his smoke pellet at them and it drops them (upside down) in front of him.

Also give him a teleport with his smoke pellet like Cyblax's!
Well, I am maining Smoke lol. Really I wrote that up to give an example of how I would describe Smoke's bomb. As for the Sonya Arc kick though I'll definitely say "YES" that was specifically what I was thinking of when I wrote that up. It was pretty much exactly the kind of take on the Springboard Kick Andy Bogard has in KoF that I wanted. I main Andy and Vice and rotate anchors in that game so I was pretty excited playing Sonya to see that kick of hers. Definitely love it and want more of it.

As for the ricochet though I was honestly thinking Athena or to a degree how Bao in KoF 2000 bounced around when I wrote that. Reaaaaaally slow stuff that eats up space, but fun.

I'd also like to see a trap move you could put on the screen that would reflect projectiles that hit it. I could think of some pretty nice mixups I could setup bouncing shots off of it and it would be cool to mess with zoners and control the footsie game in matchups like Cyborg or Green Arrow.