What's new

What PS4 FightSticks are you guys using?

Hey hows it going guys. Im sure like me you guys are excited about the release, But at this moment i do not own a fight stick for my PS4. Im coming over from the Street Fighter 4 community and Leaning Towards the Madcatz. Unfortunately they are all sold out. My question is, What Fight Sticks are you guys using? What Brand? From Where? I wont troll myself and try to use a Controller, It never works out..

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
i suck at stick but its there for anyone who wants to use it at my crib
The way you get good with a stick is practice practice practice, it can take anywhere from a week to a couple months to get good with but no matter what the case you need to practice, I grasped it surprisingly quickly myself, I picked up my fight stick last month and with in 4 days I was already used to it

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
I just bought the hori real arcade pro v4 kai, it come in Tues, ill let you know how it is

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

Sweet, I was thinking of getting the same one. I'll wait and see what your thoughts are.
if it is anything like the hori real arcade pro v5 then it is a really high quality stick, but the buttons are kind of iffy, they are really awkward, they are insanely sensitive but it is hard to tell that you pressed it, you dont really get any feed back, but it is still a really good stick, but if you know how to switch out the buttons, i suggest doing so

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
if it is anything like the hori real arcade pro v5 then it is a really high quality stick, but the buttons are kind of iffy, they are really awkward, they are insanely sensitive but it is hard to tell that you pressed it, you dont really get any feed back, but it is still a really good stick, but if you know how to switch out the buttons, i suggest doing so
The internals are all exactly the same, what buttons would you suggest switching with?

MrProfDrPepper

The internals are all exactly the same, what buttons would you suggest switching with?
Sanwa are by far the best so go for those, they are responsive, quiet, you know when you press them, and you wont accidentally press any buttons, the hori buttons are rounded at the top and sensotive so i push a lot of buttons on accident

Vjeekes

DevilApes
Getting used to a fightstick takes time.. a lot of time
Fightsticks are expensive and also noisy (what could disturb people that are sleeping on your couch :) ). If you have the chance, first try it out before you make the investment.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
also you hurt my feels with your lack of respect for kenshi ;-; the kenshi loyalist inside me is in all the pain
Haha, sorry man but my roommate mained Kenshi and Subby, I main CAGE. So after eating ice clones and shoulder charges/pushes all day I've developed quite a hatred for them.

MrProfDrPepper

Haha, sorry man but my roommate mained Kenshi and Subby, I main CAGE. So after eating ice clones and shoulder charges/pushes all day I've developed quite a hatred for them.
haha yeah i guess i can understand that im pretty sure the match up is way in kenshis favor since he was one of if not the best zoner in MK9

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
So I got my hori real arcade pro v4 kai, The joy stick itself is very accurate and responsive. No complaints there except that the actual stick itself is very short and I have big hands, I'm 6' 5" btw. As far as the buttons, they work perfectly well but they are VERY sensitive and you don't exactly know when you have pushed them, there's no click or anything like that but they do work well...just maybe a little too well, so sensitive. Overall its a good stick, I would recommend it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I use a hori real arcade pro v5, it works on ps4 and ps3
Am I missing something. I just bought one from someone as a backup fightstick, but it isn't working. The turbo light is green, but no buttons work. I have it set to PS4, On, DP, and 5 on the side, and nothing makes it work that i try.

It literally does nothing. I'm trying to stay calm so please help me out here man.