What's new

Question - Cutthroat What is up with the EX canceling in this game? (Kano specific)

Lainy

Noob
With cutthroat, I have the biggest problem canceling from any string into the ex version of db1. Normal DB1 link? Totally easy, never miss it. Try to cancel into it from a string? Almost impossible.

I can also do the move with almost no issues outside of trying to link it. I noticed during the input display it keeps registering block first, then 1 ONLY when I try this in a string, and I am certain I am performing it the same way. This is starting to feel like a just frame or worse. Is there a trick? Why did they change this from the previous version? It seems everyone I've talked to really hates it and there seems to be no reason for it to be like this

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
With cutthroat, I have the biggest problem canceling from any string into the ex version of db1. Normal DB1 link? Totally easy, never miss it. Try to cancel into it from a string? Almost impossible.

I can also do the move with almost no issues outside of trying to link it. I noticed during the input display it keeps registering block first, then 1 ONLY when I try this in a string, and I am certain I am performing it the same way. This is starting to feel like a just frame or worse. Is there a trick? Why did they change this from the previous version? It seems everyone I've talked to really hates it and there seems to be no reason for it to be like this
There's nothing wrong with it. You probably just need to practice your timing a little more. Here's what I suggest.

Go to practice mode and make sure you can do 20 EX Slices in a row without failure. If you mess up a single one then your execution is probably off. Then once that is natural do an easy to hit confirm string like B121~EXdb1. Do that 20x in a row. Then try regular EX 20x in a row. Lastly try 112~EXdb1 20x in a row.

If both times you did the raw EX Slice were 100% never missed you just need to work on canceling the string. If you missed a few of the raw db1's and some of the string cancels then you need to work on you EX move timing altogether.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Oh yeah, dude. When I first got the game, I generally had trouble meterburning any special, but after a few days I could do it 100% of the time.
It's really just about practice.
I think SaltShaker said it better than me, but just keep at it, dude.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Oh yeah, dude. When I first got the game, I generally had trouble meterburning any special, but after a few days I could do it 100% of the time.
It's really just about practice.
I think SaltShaker said it better than me, but just keep at it, dude.
For me its BF3 ex canceling - it's impossible on an arcade stick. At least with any consistency