What's new

What is the best string in Mortal Kombat 11?

What is the best string in Mortal Kombat 11?

• Total voters

Seobones

Noob
Can you low poke the second hit? I have yet to test.
Some characters will duck it while blocking low (sonya), some need to release block, some need to poke, but others can't do anything and have to take it all the way to the plus frame. (sindel)
inconsistant af

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Totally warranted. Joker designed from the bottom up to be top tier. 3 viable variations with no way to really nerf him. There will never be a top 8 without joker.

Sincerely,
Some drunk salty guy.
I doubt NRS developers design characters with tier positions in mind.

Besides, what is wrong with Joker being top tier for once? I believe he was a low tier character in every fighting game (i.e., MK vs. DC and Injustice 1 and 2) in which he appeared. He also has a gameplay design that is neither frustrating to fight against nor boring to watch.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Shoutout to literally every single Joker string.
Insane range? Check.
No hurtbox on the magnum dong? Check.
Joker is fucking tiny and steps back in some of his normals, making him harder to hit? Check.
Top tier accidental anti air? Check.
Free distance on block? Check.
Can stagger you with a launcher that's half screen pushback on block? Check.

IDK why NRS think disjointed buttons with huge range, that are staggerable and create distance on block is a good thing for footsies, that also auto anti air. Wouldn't it be better if you had to spend resources for the distance?? and if your buttons could actually be consistently hit?
Thank you for this. Exactly how I feel about joker. Disjointed buttons all over the place that require a tiny bit of brain activity.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Part of me wants to say Jacqui’s f+3 1 because of the cancel it gets in variation 1. Also, being a 9 frame mid is pretty dope for obvious reasons.

Liu’s f3 string is annoying and it’s popular, but that doesn’t make it the best

Skarlet’s 212 is good because of the range, the hit confirm you can get, and because of natural combo potential. However, over time, I’ve seen a lot of players flawless block more parts of it and it isn’t spamable.

i think overall the best is probably Jacqui’s, but I don’t know enough of other characters to judge their strings

I doubt NRS developers design characters with tier positions in mind.

Besides, what is wrong with Joker being top tier for once? I believe he was a low tier character in every fighting game (i.e., MK vs. DC and Injustice 1 and 2) in which he appeared. He also has a gameplay design that is neither frustrating to fight against nor boring to watch.
Yeah all true and very gravy. But you lost me at "frustrating to fight against nor boring to watch." Tell me that in three months. Fatal blow cancel into 30% grab is hype only so many times.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
An opinion. I personally can't stand fighting against the ho.
Yeah all true and very gravy. But you lost me at "frustrating to fight against nor boring to watch." Tell me that in three months. Fatal blow cancel into 30% grab is hype only so many times.
Fair points.

But let us be serious, how many people would place Joker in the top 10 if Sonic Fox had not won Final Kombat? Sonic Fox can make most mid and high mid characters look top 10 (i.e., using Kollector at NEC). I am not suggesting that Joker is not top tier, but I think we need more evidence before we declare him top 5 and his normal attacks broken.

Zviko

Noob
hmm? Jax's FB is 11f and travels fast, not even that punishes it.
I just tried this because I heard Patient Impulse mentioned it that it does work in Biohazard's stream. It works but it's very inconsistent. I don't know if it's about the range she does it from or FB timing or how you block crouch/standing whatever. Before I got these 4 back to back I've been trying for like 5min and only got it 3 times lol.

JJParker

Noob
It's got no votes but Johnny's B+3, 4 string when combined with his other footsie tools is very hard to compete against.