What's new

What is the best controller for MK9 on PC!

Since MK9 is coming on PC, i want to ask you - what is the best controller for the game?
I have a regular xbox360, but the d-pad is a joke. I really dont like one piece d-pad for a fighting game.
I did some research and i found that some people recommend Razer Onza Tournament Edition!
What will you PC gamers use when MK9 comes on PC?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Since MK9 is coming on PC, i want to ask you - what is the best controller for the game?
I have a regular xbox360, but the d-pad is a joke. I really dont like one piece d-pad for a fighting game.
I did some research and i found that some people recommend Razer Onza Tournament Edition!
I won the Razer Onza TE in an Injustice tournament in my city. The D - Pad is not Mortal Kombat friendly. It's a 4 button D-Pad like the PS3 one, BUT, the actuation force for the buttons is huge. I doubt you will be able to manage with it. Just my 2 cents

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Hitbox is obviously the best if you have one.

Otherwise you kan also use a PS2 pad with a converter or a PS3 pad with Xpadder and this other program that for some reason I forgot. It's freeware and requires some set up each time you konnect the PS3 pad so this kan be annoying.

I use the Razer Sabertooth, im not a traditional gamer for consoles so I found it very difficult to get used to the analog stick. Ended up purchasing a Razer Onza as described above. I loved the hyper responsive buttons it has but the d-pad, as much as it was a improvement, still was a little odd. So I went to a Evil d-Pad instead, instantly fell in love with seperate buttons for the d-pad that had some space between them. Problem was I lost the hyper responsive buttons on the Razer Onza. So then came the Razer Sabertooth, the best of all the worlds. I highly recommend this controller and it works on the PC without issue. Hyper responsive buttons, and a ps2/3 esque d-pad. Can't ask for much more unless you had a actual PS2/3 controller with the adapters.

If you read much about build quality on the razer products you will hear that it is lacking. I did notice this on the Onza, where my right trigger "kinda" broke... it still works but meh. However, the Razer Sabertooth has been rock solid since its more a traditional trigger.

You can purchase the Razer Sabertooth for 79.99 right now on Amazon, and usually find it on the bay for 80-90$ new. It was a fairly hard to come by controller initially, so the price still rides high on the bay.

Get a hitbox...its a stickless arcade stick, the cheaper one works for both ps3 and pc. It has its advantages like Kabals instant airs come out to easy...its pricey however and takes a while to get used to but after you practice and get it down you'll wish you had it sooner.

I use the Razer Sabertooth, im not a traditional gamer for consoles so I found it very difficult to get used to the analog stick. Ended up purchasing a Razer Onza as described above. I loved the hyper responsive buttons it has but the d-pad, as much as it was a improvement, still was a little odd. So I went to a Evil d-Pad instead, instantly fell in love with seperate buttons for the d-pad that had some space between them. Problem was I lost the hyper responsive buttons on the Razer Onza. So then came the Razer Sabertooth, the best of all the worlds. I highly recommend this controller and it works on the PC without issue. Hyper responsive buttons, and a ps2/3 esque d-pad. Can't ask for much more unless you had a actual PS2/3 controller with the adapters.

If you read much about build quality on the razer products you will hear that it is lacking. I did notice this on the Onza, where my right trigger "kinda" broke... it still works but meh. However, the Razer Sabertooth has been rock solid since its more a traditional trigger.

You can purchase the Razer Sabertooth for 79.99 right now on Amazon, and usually find it on the bay for 80-90$ new. It was a fairly hard to come by controller initially, so the price still rides high on the bay.
I almost bought the Sabertooth 3 days ago. But i have read too many complains about Onza. Almost everybody has the same problem with it. The controller breaks usually in 1-2 months. I know that the Sabertooth is the new generation of Razer gamepads but i am not so confident in buying something so pricey from a company with so bad reputation. Durability and the Dpad are the two things i care about.
Do you think that Razer learned their lesson and made more durable controller ? The only thing that is stopping me from buying the Sabertooth is that i am not so sure of its durability.
P.P. Sorry for my english, its not my native language.

I almost bought the Sabertooth 3 days ago. But i have read too many complains about Onza. Almost everybody has the same problem with it. The controller breaks usually in 1-2 months. I know that the Sabertooth is the new generation of Razer gamepads but i am not so confident in buying something so pricey from a company with so bad reputation. Durability and the Dpad are the two things i care about.
Do you think that Razer learned their lesson and made more durable controller ? The only thing that is stopping me from buying the Sabertooth is that i am not so sure of its durability.
P.P. Sorry for my english, its not my native language.
Any information I read before buying the Sabertooth all stated what I believe, the control feels like the money you spend on it. So far of my 2 months of working it, its sitll going strong.

Dude just play on your keyboard lol. If you must have an xbox pad since those are the only posts you're even responding to, get one of the xbox controllers with the spinning d-pad. I would rotate it every day I played on it to wear the d-pad evenly, it has worked flawlessly for me for over a year now. Don't get the Razer Onza pad, it's dogshit. You have to hit the buttons so hard to actually "press" them. Easily twice as hard as a playstation controller, and those have tough buttons as is.

Just play on keyboard, or buy a HitBox Stickless Arcade Stick (www.hitboxarcade.com), or a plain-'ol Fight Stick. Mad Catz Tournament Edition fight sticks are generally very good, which is surprising coming from mad catz who used to be the shittiest company ever 10 short years ago...

Lol, I feel no one knows of the Razer Sabertooth. The Onza is crap compaired to it, yet oddly anyone that refers to a aftermarket controller seem to only say the Onza instead of the upgraded model Sabertooth.

Inregards to a keyboard, considering I've never played a fighter on a keyboard. I can't begin to stat my thoughts on that. But I'd rather play on a controller I can use both on the console and pc without needing to re-adapt.

Yes, i am leaning towards a gamepad (because i am more used to it), expetialy the ones with good dpad. But i am open to other solutions too. Last two days i was seriously considering buying a fight stick (i really don't see myself buyng a stickless hitbox, but thanks for the suggestions). The problem with the fightsticks is that they are hard to find (at least in my country). We had the Mad Catz SF IV TE but it's out of stock everywhere. And i don't see any other fight stick on the market here. So i must buy a stick from ebay for example, where most sticks are hugely overpriced. I was considering buying this but since i can't find it for less then $180-190 i left that option behind. I was looking at Razor Atrox but this is $200 and 200 euro in europe. Sabertooth is the easiest solutions, since it's available in an online shop in my country with free shipping, and if i order it today, i'll have it in two days.
Some people say that it takes a lot of time to adjust to a fight sticks, and i haven't played on a fight stick but a grew up on the arcades, so i think i'll have no problem with that.
So, i am open to any good gamepad or fightstick suggestions. Thanks to all the people who gave their opinion! :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If you can find one, go with the Logitech Dual Action pad. These are amazing gamepads. If you have trouble finding them, and don't mind using a trigger or switching off default, go with the Logitech F310. They're the exact same, with the difference being a guide button, analog stick gates being circular instead of squares, and triggers for L2 and R2.

I wish those damn things worked on 360.

I bought the Sabertooth after all.
I have just recieved it.
The product also came with this nice T-Shirt.
I have tried it with Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection and the dpad is just great. As far as durability, only time will tell, but it has two years warranty.

aj1701

Noob
Dude just play on your keyboard lol. If you must have an xbox pad since those are the only posts you're even responding to, get one of the xbox controllers with the spinning d-pad. I would rotate it every day I played on it to wear the d-pad evenly, it has worked flawlessly for me for over a year now. Don't get the Razer Onza pad, it's dogshit. You have to hit the buttons so hard to actually "press" them. Easily twice as hard as a playstation controller, and those have tough buttons as is.

Just play on keyboard, or buy a HitBox Stickless Arcade Stick (www.hitboxarcade.com), or a plain-'ol Fight Stick. Mad Catz Tournament Edition fight sticks are generally very good, which is surprising coming from mad catz who used to be the shittiest company ever 10 short years ago...
Keyboard fail. Suffers from button blocking, which varies model to model.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Can someone sticky the god damn evil d pad so I don't have to post this damn link 100 times?

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/products/xbox-360-controller-parts/evil-d-pad-face-plates/evil-d-pad-facelift-kit.html

They even sell a wired 360 controller with the dpad already installed.

Then use this converter, it's the best I've used so far. I don't use it for the ps2-ps3 which is all the bad reviews for it, but it doesn't lag what so ever with a 360 controller to ps3/pc.

http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1371725574&sr=8-10&keywords=xbox+to+ps3+converter

Limelights

"The smart stuff"

Just wait, your dpad buttons will get sticky after a month of playing. I bought mine the day of release and the dpad buttons got sticky after two to three weeks. I liked the Onza though, and it lasted a long time.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Am i the only one who Loves the Xbox3 controller Dpad? maybe because i use a sliding technique when inputting stuff... personally find moves harder to input on a ps3 controller :confused:

Sasuga

Noob
Am i the only one who Loves the Xbox3 controller Dpad? maybe because i use a sliding technique when inputting stuff... personally find moves harder to input on a ps3 controller :confused:
No, a friend of mine tells me the same. So it's the two of you I guess. ^^

When I installed MK Arcade Kollection I started playing it with my regular xbox 360 controller. I thought I would get use to the dpad but when I pushed the down right diagonal and my character jumped....that was the moment when I realised that this dpad is not for me. :)
I examined it closely and I've noticed that this circular plastic plate is floating in unpredictable directions. You can easily push some of the down diagonals and this can result in your character jumping...