What's new

Tech - Outlaw What is sand traps actual hit advantage

Noob
In the frame data its -2 but people always say its plus. Does anyone know exactly what it is and why its showing as -2?

Thanks

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
@fiend busa -Heroes was saying its plus 5 or 6. Its plus for sure but there is a lot of frame data that is incorrect listed in the game. Someone on this site created a community effort website where everyone compiled the right data. I think the brain behind it is @Temjiin ? Not sure.

P.S. sorry for not answering back for games. I seriously have a MGS problem. Its my most beloved series and ive waited too long for this game even if the story is incomplete. Just having withdrawal symptoms everytime I try and remove the disk lol.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
@fiend busa -Heroes was saying its plus 5 or 6. Its plus for sure but there is a lot of frame data that is incorrect listed in the game. Someone on this site created a community effort website where everyone compiled the right data. I think the brain behind it is @Temjiin ? Not sure.

P.S. sorry for not answering back for games. I seriously have a MGS problem. Its my most beloved series and ive waited too long for this game even if the story is incomplete. Just having withdrawal symptoms everytime I try and remove the disk lol.
So much is wrong, if you test anything and disprove game data let me know and I'll update our data sheet.

Thanks

Crathen

Death is my business
wahhhhh... i dont think that makes sense sir... if your +5 your opponent cant wake-up ill the 5 frames are up.
Not if you're knocked down and can wake up , to be honest i feel Sand Trap as of now is kinda weak both midscreen and corner doesn't give him any real advantage , most characters can backdash or jump after it and punish you if you try to be aggressive and tick throwing out of 21122 is a big risk considering everyone learned to buffer armor during that string

Redux

Ex Phase
Not if you're knocked down and can wake up , to be honest i feel Sand Trap as of now is kinda weak both midscreen and corner doesn't give him any real advantage , most characters can backdash or jump after it and punish you if you try to be aggressive and tick throwing out of 21122 is a big risk considering everyone learned to buffer armor during that string
As a combo finisher I agree. it's especially noticeable in outlaw since the tools in gunslinger allow you to do a coin shot or something to follow up while being safer than running/jump in to try and continue pressure.

In gunslinger I do find use in meter burning the last bit to zone after, but that's only off a tick throw since the damage scales well to 19%. People expect the sand tackle nowadays on the fourth hit so lately I try to do it anywhere in the 113 or 211 since It's not as common.

Crathen

Death is my business
As a combo finisher I agree. it's especially noticeable in outlaw since the tools in gunslinger allow you to do a coin shot or something to follow up while being safer than running/jump in to try and continue pressure.

In gunslinger I do find use in meter burning the last bit to zone after, but that's only off a tick throw since the damage scales well to 19%. People expect the sand tackle nowadays on the fourth hit so lately I try to do it anywhere in the 113 or 211 since It's not as common.
I mean overall , yea as an ender it's not worth it unless you're going for damage , thing is that it was a big hit to his wallcarry+oki , outlaw ending in stab sacrifices a lot of wallcarry and wall is what you actually want as Erron to limit their spacing options since all his best tools either are high or can be avoided by jumping back and playing vs a lot of characters in the neutral can be very dangerous.

Nowdays if you want to try to get pressure w Erron you gotta either end w Stab ( outlaw ) or sand granade / f24 ( hard knockdown) wich sacrifices wallcarry and damage , i get prepatch the hit advantage was kinda exaggerated but now you totally can't pressure after sand trap without taking big risks.

Goro gets a guaranteed EX ground pound after his cmd grab , commando Kano gets knockdown pressure , Cassie same and while we're at it im baffled why EX slide has even less hit advantage than normal slide.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yeah your right tech roll ...lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I dont think you understand

its plus if they dont wakeup because it takes around 5 to 6 frames to stand up completely(im guessing here), but doing a wakeup attack skips that animation which makes it -2 on hit.

what the
i fully understand