What's new

What is a good ammount of lag for a monitor?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I am looking to buy a new TV... yes I know monitors are better... but the idea of playing on a monitor at a desk repels me. I spend all day at a desk computer working, the idea of using a monitor for recreation is completely alien to me. I need my comfy couch, my husband and my wine!

Anyway... I'm looking at TVs in the 55"+ range and they vary a lot in price. I'm not a pro, but even so I would like to be able to do my combos as well as possible. I found this site called "http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag" that claims to test lag input of TVs for gamers. They use a test called "Leo Bodnar Lag Test" and TVs in my price range can get to around 17 - 25 ms for a 4K TV.

So is that a "descent" value.. say 25ms? How much lag do monitors have? The cheaper TVs are around 35ms... is that starting to get really bad? Also is this "Leo Bodnar Lag Test" any good?

Thanks!

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
The Leo Bodnar test is the most reliable way to measure input lag from what I understand, so yea it's pretty good.
If you stick below 25ms it should be satisfactory, but naturally it wont be up to par with BenQ monitors and the like.

Remember to mess around with the settings once you acquire your set, most TVs' factory settings have all sorts of image-smoothing modes on by default and those can really mess with responsiveness.

Hope it helps. now to wait for me being blown up for getting something wrong.