What's new

What if MK10 is region locked?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Will European players ever be able to play American players online? Without having to purchase an American copy of the game that has bad lag issues?

Doesn't matter if it's region locked or not, here in Australia you can't really play anyone else that isn't from the country unless they have a -really- good connection you can feed off.

Hence why the thing underneath my pic says "Living in Australia sucks".

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think so... Since PS4 online gaming is not free anymore.
This has nothing to do with it, the last non-NRS fighter I can think of that was region locked online was T5DR... And that was in 2007.

There's something else behind it, but since NRS eat, sleep and shit NDAs, they're not going to enlighten us.

d3v

SRK
no because sony changed their policy for the ps4. game shouldnt be Region locked at all.
Nothing to do with Sony policy. Every other fighting game on the PS3 from 2009 onwards was region free online, except of course, for those from NRS.
i prefer be locked and play withouth lag, that to open and lag all time i fight US from EU
This won't be a problem with proper region filtering.

Better yet, with GGPO style rollback netcode, you probably won't even need filtering.

Nothing to do with Sony policy. Every other fighting game on the PS3 from 2009 onwards was region free online, except of course, for those from NRS.

This won't be a problem with proper region filtering.

Better yet, with GGPO style rollback netcode, you probably won't even need filtering.
can u explain ur last line? i want to know

d3v

SRK
can u explain ur last line? i want to know
Because with properly implemented rollback netcode, as long as the ping is acceptable, you can simply adjust the delay/rollback threshold and the match will run smoothly. Anyone who's played the GGPO client or any game with well implemented GGPO netcode (Skullgirls, 3S:OE post patch, Darkstalkers Ressurection, MvC:Origins) would know this.

SZSR

Noob
This has nothing to do with it, the last non-NRS fighter I can think of that was region locked online was T5DR... And that was in 2007.

There's something else behind it, but since NRS eat, sleep and shit NDAs, they're not going to enlighten us.
Yeah I was always able to play Norweigan players on the PS3 with almost zero lag in Tekken 6 and that was in 2009.