What's new

Question - Venomous What does venomous do?

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I don't play d'vorah it seems venomous is just swarm queen with a little poison damage on the ovi rush and rangeless gun, sacrificing the bug and combo off low tracking move swarm thing. Is that it?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't play d'vorah it seems venomous is just swarm queen with a little poison damage on the ovi rush and rangeless gun, sacrificing the bug and combo off low tracking move swarm thing. Is that it?
No.

All ovipositor moves add to the venom damage and increase the damage of any ovi moves you do next. Her ovi moves that are mainly used are d4, d3, f22, b21, and ovipositor rush. Her bug spray also restands off of combos, eats through armor, and can be held on hit to do a solid amount of damage.

Venomous is all about footsies and hitting your oponent with either f22, d4, throw or some other ovi move to build venom stacks and increase the Damage over Time.

Only downside is most of her stuff is interruptable in this variation.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
No.

All ovipositor moves add to the venom damage and increase the damage of any ovi moves you do next. Her ovi moves that are mainly used are d4, d3, f22, b21, and ovipositor rush. Her bug spray also restands off of combos, eats through armor, and can be held on hit to do a solid amount of damage.

Venomous is all about footsies and hitting your oponent with either f22, d4, throw or some other ovi move to build venom stacks and increase the Damage over Time.

Only downside is most of her stuff is interruptable in this variation.
Oh ok, so more than that adds and it increases. That sounds much better. Does the venom stack ever go away? Mid round or end of round or never?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Had to derp through story chapter with her and damage added looks pretty nice, although I don't know what potential there is. Thanks for explanation btw since I wasn't sure how exactly she works.

So, I'm not certain of how the numbers stack, but here is the poison mechanic as I understand it:
FACTS
From the time you first apply poison with any ovipositor attack, the opponent will take DoT for 5 ticks (looks to be 1/second).
Once the 5th tick happens, the opponent takes no more poison damage until additional poison attacks are made.

SUPPOSITION
If you only apply one poison attack, it seems to be 0.3% * 5 ticks (1.5% total).
Now, here is where it gets interesting, if you apply more, the duration DOES NOT increase, but the damage does - for example, spamming d3, I have gotten the last tick to hit for almost 20%.
I think that the amount of poison damage for an attack is set (I think some are 1.5% and some may be 2%), and that damage will be dealt regardless, so if there is one tick remaining and you hit with another d3, the last tick will be increased by the full poison damage amount (1.5%). This is how you get some seriously huge ticks on the last 1 or 2.
Of course, this could probably be figured out in the lab, and more discussion has been done in the venomous general thread I think.

So, the above, and the restand, and the different play-style from SQ. SQ is like, agro pressure, Venemous is more like, annoying/patient pressure

venomous is HEAVILY centered around conditioning, like HEEEEAVILY.

if your using poke properly with the ovi attacks (i mainly go from d4 till they block into OH f22 string) the opponent either respects the DoT and blocks (allowing for the mixup pressure) or doesnt block low and eats poison ticks a lot. i find myself very rarely trying to push into strings with venomous as she has a fair few holes that can be ripped open. when facing kung jins and sub zeros the baiting game is real, especially for corner baiting. i like to look like im feeling the pressure and back into the corner give myself enough space that im not actually cornered then condition for high block once i see it its f42 to bring them into the corner, follow up with meaty db1's to force them into block low or take the damage, then its just a mixup torment with lots of long hold bug sprays that eat wakeups, blocks, and armour.

im not anywhere close to top play but i can pick apart a lot of sub zeros who seem cocky in their GM clone pressure game and kung jins who just seem to mindlessly think they can run out that pretty easy combo link.

EDIT: she does suffer a little to heavy zoning but if you get the puddles timed tight from neutral ducking (accept against mid projectiles obvs) you can trade in your favour and go for the mix up on a run in.