What's new

Question - Brood Mother What does Brood Mother need?

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
In comparison to Swarm Queen and even Venomous, Brood Mother leaves A LOT to be desired. It is easily, in my opinion, one of the bottom five variations in this game. My question to you is what do you all think that Brood Mother needs, in terms of buffs, to be tournament viable?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Nothing. She's fine. My homie Lord Winning puts in work with that variation with little to no problem.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
personally i think 2 things would make a huge difference

1) ex bug blast should be easier to combo after right now the timing is really strict and seems distance dependant and b1 ex bug blast is useless midscreen unless you use 2 bars

2) the crawler needs to be better on block

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Better players to represent the character in tournament. Lol.

Nah, kidding, bug blast hitting mid would be a great fix.

REO

Undead
It's not really the issue with Brood Mother but more so the comparison to Swarm Queen which is the main flaw argument. Aside from EX Bug Blast being buffed to combo a bit easier (this I agree with since it seems more like a flaw fix), D'Vorah's Broodmother and Venomous variations are pretty balanced and fine in the grand scheme of things, IMO. Don't compare it to a broken variation like Swarm Queen other wise you will just create a character with more than one overpowered variation.

This is kind of the same thing with pre patch Cassie when players thought Spec Ops and Brawler were garbage because they weren't as good as broken Hollywood, when in reality those two variations were mostly fine and balanced. It's just the top tier were too ridiculous.

TL:DR - We need to stop comparing the balanced and mostly fine variations to a character's most broken variation or an overpowered Top Tier character.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
  • Krawler
    • faster startup
    • more hit advantage
    • plus on block
  • Bug blast
    • at least +15 on hit
  • EX bug blast
    • hits high-mid or mid-mid (it should jail mid-move, i mean wtf seriously)
    • more advantage on hit
      • if f22~wgc can land into 212 meterless i don't see why we shouldn't be able to do the same with brood mother for a bar
    • less combo scaling, right now even if you land the just frame you'll never land >35ish% total

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I kinda agree with REO, Brood Mother's biggest problem if anything, is simply that Swarm Queen exists. At high level I'd say Venomous is in larger need of an overhaul.

• Krawler
    • faster startup
    • more hit advantage
    • plus on block
  • Bug blast
    • at least +15 on hit
  • EX bug blast
    • hits high-mid or mid-mid (it should jail mid-move, i mean wtf seriously)
    • more advantage on hit
      • if f22~wgc can land into 212 meterless i don't see why we shouldn't be able to do the same with brood mother for a bar
    • less combo scaling, right now even if you land the just frame you'll never land >35ish% total
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can link F22 BBRC into 11B2 in Brood Mother completely meterless. It's just ungodly strict.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
In my opinion, what Brood Mother really needs is to make some of those impossible links easier on hit. That way, the players will be able to explore the varation further and utilize the tools more effectively.

Just look at Spectral, the dirt was there prepatch but it was extremely difficult to bring out its full potential outside of the lab. Now that the execution is much less demanding, spectral is arguably a top tier variation.

Last edited:

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can link F22 BBRC into 11B2 in Brood Mother completely meterless. It's just ungodly strict.
I believe it -- I'll definitely try it out and see what kind of damage I get off of it. I don't mind high execution if there's a reward for it, but the scaling is just too high to even justify the risk of getting armor mashed out on you.

I'll post this again here since this thread is getting a bit of outside attention: this combo features all of the abilities of brood mother (a bug blast cancel, an ex bug blast link (the 1 bar version, so there's less combo scaling), and 2 Krawlers), yet only does 35% in the corner.

Given the lack of combo opportunities that brood mother normally gets (she has no decent 112 combos), she really just all around does not do enough damage.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
  • 1. Remove the Delay and Dash Cancel extensions Double Bug Blast.
We don't need to spend another bar on a cancel option and it create input errors.
  • 2. Make Double Bug Blast +15 on hit regardless of spacing.
Right now there is a glitch where if you space Double Bug Blast's second projectile it becomes +15 like the regular Bug Blast.

Double Bug Blast is +8f on hit and her fastest combo-able normal is 7f which make combos off it a 1f link. The push back also make it impossible to combo unless in the farthest part of the corner.
  • 3. Make Double Bug Blast hit MID and all projectiles jail but reduce Block Advantage to -7.

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Can I join the conversation?
Brood mother is Swarm Queen's victim.
I have the same issues with bojutsu,(s)he cannot get any buffs since shaolin is so good.It is something I have to deal with.
But since the thread is about giving some love to Brood mother I guess that 112 and f112 shouldn't have a gap between them and the crawler.

Skeezer12

Kinetic
Bug blast needs to be a mid , make the crawler start up faster , make it easier to combo off F11 EX Bug Blast , and Make her regular puddle more of a pop up for better combos!

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
More consistency on EX Bug Blast combos
F112 EX Double Bug Blast hit Mid (or atleast have no gap)
that is all, ty paulo in advance

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I honestly don't think the variation needs much to be honest. It's like the people asking for Bojutsu buffs. It only seems poor because the other variation is so strong.

If anything brood mother would benefit from ex projectile being way more plus on hit so she gets a guaranteed combo off it instead of the stupid frame perfect distance dash crap you have to do atm. It seems like the adjustment that high tech Jacqui got. More hit advantage to make combos easier.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
I honestly don't think the variation needs much to be honest. It's like the people asking for Bojutsu buffs. It only seems poor because the other variation is so strong.

If anything brood mother would benefit from ex projectile being way more plus on hit so she gets a guaranteed combo off it instead of the stupid frame perfect distance dash crap you have to do atm. It seems like the adjustment that high tech Jacqui got. More hit advantage to make combos easier.
shut up josh

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING

Exactly, Double Bug Blast always being +15 on hit and becoming a MID is all she needs.

Parasurama

Dragon

Ancestral needs the buffs!