What's new

What do you look for in a training partner? Do you have one?

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Pretty self explanatory based on the title. If you do have a training partner feel free to describe how you met and how they bettered you as a player. Or perhaps how many training partners you have (for those of you in polytrainous relationships). Or perhaps you don't have a specific training partner and feel like ranked 1v1's and the practice A.I. are your best training partners. Share your reasoning etc.

*EDIT: I probably should've done myself to kick off. I have two training partners, one likes to play heavy neutral make hard reads sometimes I think I'm better than him, sometimes I think he's better than me, we really switch off on wins, I'd have to say we're perfectly even. My second training partner is a very close friend I met at work. He's good enough to secure wins against me and my other training partner, but I also have to teach him sometimes, but that helps me reinforce the concepts in my own mind and have a better understanding, so I view it as beneficial. I think I have the perfect setup as far as training partners go. However I also do spend like 4-5 hours at a time in the lab, grinding to figure out some sweet sweet tech.

Last edited:
My little brother is my only training partner, has been since mk9 and its always been more like a rivalry and bragging rights rather than training but he has always made me much better. Please if anyone is playing mk11 on xbox please train with me. I'm really bad but I really enjoy loosing and figuring things out I never stop!

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
As pros call them online randoms they're my training partners since i don't attend tournaments. My bro doesn't care for nrs games so he's out of the equation. Friends i no longer have and i could careless.