What's new

What do you expect in terms of boss characters?

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
I was just thinking about how the story will prolly be about Shinnok's ressurection, but I just can't see him as the final boss. Maybe they'll make an ultra Shinnok who's unplayable or something like that :S

Speaking of which, I really hope we get a playable Goro, or Kintaro, or even Shao Kahn, this time.
Since NRS finally learned how to make proper big characters in Injustice...

Element_

The First Element
I'm not sure about playable bosses....in MK9 i'm glad they weren't ..because they were slow,had hardly any moves and were OP.....Maybe in MK10 i wouldn't mind if they were playable for let's say something like the TestYourLuck feature.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Even though shao kahn was OP he was super easy to manipulate so hopefully they get the Ai on track instead of I KNOW YOUR EVERY MOVE crap which ends up backfiring

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Decent AI. For the love of the elder gods no more cheap big bad broken thing. Shao Khan seemed cheap with his hammers until you realize you can oki him and then cross up his wu then rinse and repeat. Dark Kahn can go in the garbage with onaga's throw you to the ceiling rubbish.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
The Mk9 AI in general was awful. It had such fundamental flaws it's ridiculous. Its basic weakness against jump ins and cross ups made the bosses pitiful as they were even slower than normal characters. Their armor hardly ever came into play. I played quite a lot of single player when I first started playing and I definitely remember a few normal characters that were certainly more challenging than the bosses - Jax, Raiden, Sindel, Baraka....maybe a couple more.

Mkx has to have better AI and also better boss design. I haven't played IGAU but I hear it had better AI than Mk9 so I'm hoping Mkx builds on that.

As for bosses, I'd certainly love to face a challenging Shinnok that relies on more than just armor and massive health. Like many I'd like to face Motaro as well but I think that's unlikely because of the design difficulties. If the story has anything to do with the nether realm then Quan could be some form of boss as well , like Shang in Mk9. Even Noob is possible.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I like where the conversation is going towards improving the AI. In MK9 on expert ladder, the biggest punish you ever eat is 20%, or usually just a sweep. The gap between single player AI and how the characters are played online is drastic. I know you can't release something without knowing the meta yet, but at least some full combo punishes, or d1 poking would be a big improvement.