What's new

Question What do I need to do?

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
I'm pretty much a student of the game but I want to take my skill to the next level and seriously start playing competitively, especially because I found an Arcade that host tourney's regularly.

But the question is what can I do to step my game up?

Is it learning terms, execution, or just getting raped online? Are there any training methods that I can do by myself? (I have a brother but he's 13 and he's not really that much into MK but he plays once every blue moon) Is it okay to go into Ladder Mode on Expert and try to get better there or should I just head straight to the lab and try to mimic what everyone else is doing?

(It seems like the computer reads almost every input of mine)

Granted I've been playing for a few months and am not always able to grab a controller due to college, but there has to be other ways (look at Tyrant)? I use JC, Mileena, Kit, Kang, and Lao. If I could just have some tips I would be very grateful.

~CrazyBread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
IMO, losing is a must. How can you expect to get better if you're always winning? Lose, see what you have to improve on, go in the lab and experiment.

I used to be beyond garbage juice in this game and I literally didn't learn the game until earlier this year. What helped me improve was losing (of course), but I also did things like playing with higher skilled players, watching videos of people on YouTube, learning frame data, and LOTS of lab training. Its a very long and tedious process, but practice makes perfect and if you put your mind into it and be dedicated, it pay off.

Trust me, it worked for me :)

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
When you guys talk about spending time in the lab, is this just to improve combos and execution?

xKhaoTikx STB Chongo
I usually play practice mode for the following reasons:
1. Warm up. Get my reflexes ready for actual matches.
2. Test something new out, I.E a new combo, or a new idea that I had.
3. Just to mess around lol.