What's new

What devices you guys use to record macthes on PC?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
hey there, can you guys show me some pics or vids of equipment you guys use it to record the tournament macthes on PC?

I Have an HDD-PVR but it records green, and doesn't has HDMI in-plug wich is a bit annoying for PS3 and Xbox360, we want to record our next events with more quality so any help would be very welcome.

Just tell me what we need and we will order it.

nwo

Noob
What game are you trying to record? If its in MAME you could do "record input" then after the matches are over you could playback input and use Hypercam 2 with Xvid codec to record it, but you need a somewhat powerful PC to record smoothly and at high resolution. Games like MK1 - UMK3 I could record on the fly without any signs of delay or lag usually, I'd use the "record input" method in a serious offline tournament though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What game are you trying to record? If its in MAME you could do "record input" then after the matches are over you could playback input and use Hypercam 2 with Xvid codec to record it, but you need a somewhat powerful PC to record smoothly and at high resolution. Games like MK1 - UMK3 I could record on the fly without any signs of delay or lag usually, I'd use the "record input" method in a serious offline tournament though.

Sorry i miss formulated my question, i'll try again:D

I want to record PS3 games (Like MK9), how do i do that? my PVR records green, so maybe you guys use another equipment:D

aj1701

Noob
I want to record PS3 games (Like MK9), how do i do that? my PVR records green, so maybe you guys use another equipment:D
Like a green tinge or solid green image? That's weird. I don't know what they use for tournies, but I have a Haupauge Gamers PVR that needs a computer to do the actual recording.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Like a green tinge or solid green image? That's weird. I don't know what they use for tournies, but I have a Haupauge Gamers PVR that needs a computer to do the actual recording.
The image gets really green and its annoying, just check on these vid below:

What kind of Haupauge you use? any pics? Does anyone knows what they use in tournaments?

aj1701

Noob
The image gets really green and its annoying, just check on these vid below:

What kind of Haupauge you use? any pics? Does anyone knows what they use in tournaments?
Hmm, that could be a cable problem. Its a component connection right? Do you have another cable? Are you sure they are all plugged in ask the way?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hmm, that could be a cable problem. Its a component connection right? Do you have another cable? Are you sure they are all plugged in ask the way?
Every Video Game i plug in gets green, only my TV Decoder is the one that works a bit and you can't notice much the green, we've tried other cables, and it keeps getting green.