What's new

Match Footage - Raiden What could i have done better in this video?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
havent seen the full video but just thought you should know that you can fuzzy guard cages fake mix ups, aka 113 or 11 delay overhead punsh thing, first block high just in case he does overhead, then once you see he has pressed one block low, now wait about a half a second after 11 and if nothing comes out then block high

EDIT: finished the video, the only thing i can say for sure you need improving is your blocking against good ol johnny, i dont play raiden so i dont know how you can improve the match up, but you should also keep holding block even after the nutpunch when they have meter since 9 times out of 10 they will use that meter banking on you letting go of block because everyone does that

SnoopyClownGang

Who's Next?
Nice Raiden!
End your midscreen combos with superman for corner carry. End your corner combos with 2 1 after the lrc for free 50/50s. Force people to quit jumping on you by using whatever anti-air you're most comfortable with.
Learn to block Cage's mixups. Block high and react to the low. Fuzzy guard the high after the 11. Watch out for delayed EX nutpunch. Don't be afraid to armor out. Raiden builds meter like crazy.

.Solo.

Noob
Nice Raiden!
End your midscreen combos with superman for corner carry. End your corner combos with 2 1 after the lrc for free 50/50s. Force people to quit jumping on you by using whatever anti-air you're most comfortable with.
Learn to block Cage's mixups. Block high and react to the low. Fuzzy guard the high after the 11. Watch out for delayed EX nutpunch. Don't be afraid to armor out. Raiden builds meter like crazy.
Thanks for the tips, he was really hard to get off me. I'll see if i can use this to just block his stuff next time, he was a really high ranked cage player too so i guess i didn't do too bad?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This cage was pressuring me so damn hard:
[/MEDIA]
You wasted two bars thinking you're swagga and ended up being put into your own corner because you whiffed your pressure.
1. Meter management - Do not waste meter. Play smart.
2. Block - When you whiff, you block, or you get blown up. Don't forget to mash 1 or 4 while you block.
3. Space - f21 beats out most spacing, move away a bit and read if he'll jump, shadow kick to gain leverage and be ready to njp for full combo.

He was simply more prepared, nothing to be scared of. You'll get there.