What's new

Question What controls are you using?

Choose all the controllers you can play Kabal with.

• Total voters
I wanted to know what controls the TYM community is using to play Kabal with or what they have used and found to work best for them. Also please say if you can play the same way with all the controllers you use at a high level. Just to give us some insight.

I've been using the Sony Dualshock 3 controller and I haven't had much luck with it. Lots of errors and negative edge with the directional pad for me. Massive props to those who can use this specific pad without problems.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I use a ps2 pad with an ettokki converter and have no issues. On a p's 3 pad have you tried making r1 block and r2 throw? Helped me a lot when I used a ps3 pad

I use a ps2 pad with an ettokki converter and have no issues. On a p's 3 pad have you tried making r1 block and r2 throw? Helped me a lot when I used a ps3 pad
I actually have L1 set to block and R1 to throw. I set it up this way because when I go to do the NDC motion, the block button is on the same side as the back button. It seems to help but but maybe I've been making things harder on myself with this setup? Anyways most of my trouble is coming from the d-pad itself. For NDC I've been using a sliding motion. Should I be pressing the forward and back buttons individually? And again the d-pad doesn't hep with iAGB's since I'll sometimes notice I'm inputting ub,b+1, or some other variant than what it's supposed to be. Maybe I should go the Hitbox route, since there might be less room for error with it.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I actually have L1 set to block and R1 to throw. I set it up this way because when I go to do the NDC motion, the block button is on the same side as the back button. It seems to help but but maybe I've been making things harder on myself with this setup? Anyways most of my trouble is coming from the d-pad itself. For NDC I've been using a sliding motion. Should I be pressing the forward and back buttons individually? And again the d-pad doesn't hep with iAGB's since I'll sometimes notice I'm inputting ub,b+1, or some other variant than what it's supposed to be. Maybe I should go the Hitbox route, since there might be less room for error with it.
The only remedy for your problems is brutal training mode sessions I would say 4-6 hours a day for a few months and then your execution will improve. I you don't need a hit box to play kabal you need dedication and steely brawn and a wheel barrow for your balls cause their so huge.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
The only remedy for your problems is brutal training mode sessions I would say 4-6 hours a day for a few months and then your execution will improve. I you don't need a hit box to play kabal you need dedication and steely brawn and a wheel barrow for your balls cause their so huge.
idk if this is anybody elses case but i learned a lot faster on stick but then when i learned on stick could easily convert my ability to pad idk why its easiest for me that way though

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
idk if this is anybody elses case but i learned a lot faster on stick but then when i learned on stick could easily convert my ability to pad idk why its easiest for me that way though
Just to elaborate more, your iagb is a lot better on stick but your pressure is a lot tighter on pad. i actually fight you differently on what controller you are using. But your stick is definetly getting better with dash cancels, probably from playing on it so much recently.