What's new

What console should I buy for MKX?

I need to get a next gen console solely for MKX? I don't use a stick, so which console has the best controller for competitive play? The 360 controller was ass for fighting games. Is the XB1 controller better than the PS4?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
try out both controllers and see which one you like more, some like ps4 controller more, others like xbone controller more, others hate both equally

try out both controllers and see which one you like more, some like ps4 controller more, others like xbone controller more, others hate both equally
Cool. My roommate has a XB1 and i've been using it to play MKX, but I need to get my own. I'm getting used to it now, but I've always played much better on the play station controllers.. Do you think it would improve my execution or anything? It seems like I get a lot of superfluous directional inputs when i'm using XB1 controllers. Makes cancel run combos seem harder than they should be.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Cool. My roommate has a XB1 and i've been using it to play MKX, but I need to get my own. I'm getting used to it now, but I've always played much better on the play station controllers.. Do you think it would improve my execution or anything? It seems like I get a lot of superfluous directional inputs when i'm using XB1 controllers. Makes cancel run combos seem harder than they should be.
if you are comfortable with playstation controllers then use that, basically you can get high level execution with any way to play (excluding dance dance revolution pad and guitar hero controller although that would be kickass) all it takes is practice and what you are comfotable with i play with stick so naturally i have a hard time doing my combos on a controller. but just feel out, try out both kinds of controllers, im sure there are places you can try out a ps4 controller even if you cant play the game with it, just act like you are doing your bnbs with said controller, try different kinds of inputs, see if you are comfy with it.