What's new

Question - Kenshi What changes would you do to Kenshi?

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
After two months waiting for a patch, looks like the Kenshi community has not received much to work with.
I ask all Kenshi players, what would you like to see in the next patch for our blind swordsman?

Personally I still only have spent enough time with balanced, so my suggestions are only for this variation:

-Teleflurry recovery from 43 to 30 on whiff or even less. A zoning character needs a decent zoning tool. I still don't understand the fear nrs seems to have to improve this move. With Balanced is frustrating when you are playing a good match and one whiff of teleflurry from not so close makes you eat a full punish...

-Spirit push to -12 on block, as Rising Karma is.

-His d1 from 8 to 7 frames startup. Kenshi suffers at close distance. Let's give him a bit of advantage to poke out.

Infinite

Noob
Kenjutsu: Mostly just a collection of cool... probably op ideas

bf2 could be safer, like 2 frames or more pushback
Ex df1 plus on block, 5 - 10, could be easier to combo out of too lol
db1 travels more vertically... doesn't have to lead to a combo without ex
bf3 gives you the option to change sides similar to grabs
db4 functions as a launcher, like some tele-bo-swing, probably with a less generous hitbox.
a new special that uses a similar animation of the last hit of 311, hits twice low, ex version is whatever, but leads to no damage so it could be pretty safe.
311 and 322 could probably just be reverted to variation-less Kenshi, whatever
b2 could be remade into some kinda advancing string... preferably much faster and safe on block

also a better backdash lol

LEGEND

YES!
BALANCED:
-Better D1 speed. 6 frames and punishable or 7 and safe (can cancel into specials anyway for added mind games)

-Less recovery on teleflury, make it slower on start-up if need be

-Push could be more safe

-Make his plus strings not push back as much so you have more to work with

I think his design is good it's just not as strong as it needs to be to compete with a lot of heavy rushdown characters

KENJUTSU:
-B2 should be special cancelable

-Adjust hitbox on RK to be useful as an AA. As it stands Kenjutsu's only reliable AA is ex Slam which requires heavy scouting and greatly diminishes his ability to actively play footsies

-much less recovery on block for Tele grab and slam. They are already death on wiff. No need to be death on block when you can duck Tele grab and slam is slow as Shit with not so good range

-make combos much more consistent.

-all in addition to the general buffs to d1 and strings as lited above and I think Kenjutsu Will be perfectly viable.

Last edited: