What's new

Question what can I do when dealing with pressure?

Doctor

Noob
Hey guys, I've been playing Hal since the game dropped and have found a good deal of success online. The main problem I'm faced with is when a character with ridiculous blockstrings gets in on me and starts whapping the literal shit out of me. Batman is the main example of this, all his shit is either + on block or at least safe. Then if I block it he jumps and crosses me up and continues doing it or throwing out more mixup strings (like b112 or 123 or b23). At this point the match feels lost, because if I try to d+1 him it either whiffs because of pushback, or I lose the trade, or sometimes I hit him and it does it's 2% damage or whatever and I'm still in the same situation. My lanterns might seems useless against crossups because the hitbox isn't above green lantern, only in front of him. The only thing I've ffound is pushblocking and then playing footsies with b13, f3 etc. But then batman traits and gets in for free no matter what you do. So you're back to sopending precious meter on defense and reducing your damage output drastically. The problem too is when I do finally get a good 30+ percent combo and end iit with lanters might it feels like there's not enough time to dash in and f3 idk
Halp! I'm on xbox as Jericho Sky if anyone wants to play

I know exactly what you mean. I have this problem frequently as well, especially against faster characters like joker and deathstroke.

My gtis Neverpulloutkid ill friend you

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
block meter burn is your friend to keep them away. Against batman jumping is strong, he can jump over you all day and your Lantern's might won't hit when he's on you with pressure, best thing to do is jump and try to beat his kick, if you do you can chain a combo if not at least you take some of the pressure off. Batman's zoning game isn't great so you should be able to beat him on that, if you're winning play defensively let him come to you, when he's getting close get him with Lantern's might for a combo this will make them cautios on approaching you so you have room to breath and plan your next moves.

The key to being successful with Green Lantern against rushdown characters when backed in the corner is utilizing MB B3 to full combo punish. Choosing stages that have good "get off me" interactables such as the the tank walls on Aquaman's stage Alantis, but be prepared to MB the interactables to add armor. Timing their approach for an air turbine smash to avoid being trapped in the corner in the first place.

The key to being successful with Green Lantern against rushdown characters when backed in the corner is utilizing MB B3 to full combo punish. Choosing stages that have good "get off me" interactables such as the the tank walls on Aquaman's stage Alantis, but be prepared to MB the interactables to add armor. Timing their approach for an air turbine smash to avoid being trapped in the corner in the first place.
Be very careful when using the Water in Atlantis, especially if your opponent has meter. They can easily Charge a Meter Burned B3/F3 and Dash cancel it to pushing you hard. They eat the damage but the 17% or so is not worth a full combo. Also, be careful about Meter Burning grounded interactables and holding back. You could very likely burn Meter by accidentally push blocking, which isn't the end of the world since it buys space, but not as optimal as moving them full screen away with some damage to boot.

Dan

KomboMaker
Hey guys, I've been playing Hal since the game dropped and have found a good deal of success online. The main problem I'm faced with is when a character with ridiculous blockstrings gets in on me and starts whapping the literal shit out of me. Batman is the main example of this, all his shit is either + on block or at least safe. Then if I block it he jumps and crosses me up and continues doing it or throwing out more mixup strings (like b112 or 123 or b23). At this point the match feels lost, because if I try to d+1 him it either whiffs because of pushback, or I lose the trade, or sometimes I hit him and it does it's 2% damage or whatever and I'm still in the same situation. My lanterns might seems useless against crossups because the hitbox isn't above green lantern, only in front of him. The only thing I've ffound is pushblocking and then playing footsies with b13, f3 etc. But then batman traits and gets in for free no matter what you do. So you're back to sopending precious meter on defense and reducing your damage output drastically. The problem too is when I do finally get a good 30+ percent combo and end iit with lanters might it feels like there's not enough time to dash in and f3 idk
Halp! I'm on xbox as Jericho Sky if anyone wants to play
I know exact what you mean. I played about 50 matches yesterday in a friend's house (GL vs. Batman) and in the end it was in favor of Batman, 70% of the time.

The word here is TRAIT, his trait is the best in the game so far and it will win the game. You just can't trade damage with him using any of your tools because the bats will stun you dropping whatever you're doing.

Most of the time, it's a game of patience. Try to block his low combo starters like that double kick (don't try to use F+3 MB here because it is a double hit) using push block.

Try also to guess his cross-ups once he starts to do that again and again. So the only thing that I managed out to deal with it was by also jumping back with low punch or by also moving backwards to don't let he cross up you.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
thankfully this game has almost no chip damage for normals so I'll sit there and block all day like it's street fighter IDGAF.

I will never ever use meter on push block unless I'm desperate in the corner or to avoid chip from fishsticks