What's new

Breakthrough - Sonya Blade What buffs you guys think Sonya will get in KP2?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
buffs? are you fking kidding me? just finished a long session against novice sonya demolition and fking mad. one of the best 50/50 good uppercut, good run speed, very fast recover on dive kick and f2, hard to punish everywhere, very good jumpin1, very hard tp deal with grenades. she should be nerf lile all S tier chars

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Are you crazy? She should be down there with Jason.
........ im sorry what? what sort of shit are you smoking? you are telling me, that sonya, is bottom 5? and needs a mass amount of buffs? I went for so long with kenshi before i was FORCED to switch mains because of how bad he is and how unviable he is even though i love the character to death, and you are there sitting in your sonya corvette with some damn fine pressure and asking for shit like a safe armored launcher and completely safe dive kicks so that you get in and pressure opponent for free? wwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? sure she isnt amazing but she sure as fuck can put up a fight, the only thing that she needs is what @SaltShaker said, his buffs were fine i can accept them, but yours? toooooooo muuuuuuuuch, you are essentially asking for a broken character with your buffs, one that can get in for free, pressure you with plus strings, has a safe armored launcher to get out of pressure and start yours, like whhhyyyyyy? there needs to be balance in suggested buffs not a christmas list

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
buffs? are you fking kidding me? just finished a long session against novice sonya demolition and fking mad. one of the best 50/50 good uppercut, good run speed, very fast recover on dive kick and f2, hard to punish everywhere, very good jumpin1, very hard tp deal with grenades. she should be nerf lile all S tier chars
Read the rest of the posts (he's trolling)

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
........ im sorry what? what sort of shit are you smoking? you are telling me, that sonya, is bottom 5? and needs a mass amount of buffs? I went for so long with kenshi before i was FORCED to switch mains because of how bad he is and how unviable he is even though i love the character to death, and you are there sitting in your sonya corvette with some damn fine pressure and asking for shit like a safe armored launcher and completely safe dive kicks so that you get in and pressure opponent for free? wwwhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? sure she isnt amazing but she sure as fuck can put up a fight, the only thing that she needs is what @SaltShaker said, his buffs were fine i can accept them, but yours? toooooooo muuuuuuuuch, you are essentially asking for a broken character with your buffs, one that can get in for free, pressure you with plus strings, has a safe armored launcher to get out of pressure and start yours, like whhhyyyyyy? there needs to be balance in suggested buffs not a christmas list
He's trolling

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
On a serious note

121 should be +5 on block
121 string no longer whiffs on crouching opponents
Ex leg grab now launches for combo
Air throw now does 15% damage up from 12
Ex parry now has armor on startup
B2 is now a true mid and safe on block
Backdash has faster startup
F2 now allows enough hit advantage to link into full combo from B1 & B3

Demo:
Bombs should be unbreakable
Red bombs now slightly drains opponents meter
Ex grenade toss now has armor
Villain route, Dink style ... NICE!

Skedar70

Noob
You clearly must have missed this part of my post-

They can stay top, but no reason why not to create even more balance.

It's not about the speed of the patches, it's the equality of them. How some characters who haven't done anything, and are considered mid or low get nerfs, while characters who are universally considered top get buffs is beyond me. While they've made good changes like a great update to Takeda, they've made extremely questionable ones like nerfing Jason and letting him remain as is. I'll donate $100 out of my own bank account to someone who wins a tourney with Jason all the way lol. The time spent buffing Gunslinger could have went to buffing say, Mileena, since Erron already has two high tier level variations. The time spent buffing Hat Trick could have went to buffing Kenshi since Tempest is Top 2 and all of Kenshi is either ass or almost ass. Etc etc. That's my point.

Fast forward to KP2 balance patch. Well may be wrong, I highly doubt we'll see a game changing round of nerfs to the top tiers. Maybe little things, but nothing to breaking of them. Similar to Shinnok being "nerfed" but still super strong. When that likely happens I'd much rather see those bottom 10 guys get significant applicable buffs than read some Spectral Ermac nerf.
I don't think the buffs for gunslinger or hat trick are bad. I mean these were variations that nobody used because they were bad. Even if the character has other variations that are good I think variations that are bad should be improved across all characters so that we can see some variety in each character and not the same boring kobu jutsu tanya or tempest lao. They should also take into consideration the character as a whole so that they can be balanced compared to the rest of the cast. The balancing in this game is pretty hard. I think Sonya is really well balanced across all of her variations. She is a good character and all of her variations are viable. Now compare her against dvorah or kung jin, I don't think Brood mother or ancestral are viable.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Divekick should have more pushback and CO should be able to cancel any of her military stance moves into military stance moves into military stance moves. That way, she has 50/50s into 50/50s into 50/50s into 50/50s.

skater11

The saltiest
121 whiffing can be really frustrating, i've lost the neutral many times because of it. So i tried adapting by doing 11 but because of the pushback, there is no guaranteed to poke first. I don't even think 11 is +2, can't remember.