What's new

Question What are the 5 of the greatest matches you ever had on a tournament that are carved in your memory?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1. TTT2 Eddy Wang (Jin /Kunimitsu) vs Guillen Martins (Lili, Asuka) Losers finals
It was a tournament where i lost my very first game in the pools, and went the entire tournament on ropes until this point fighting strongest players at some crucial points, i was never been on edge this much on my life, i think i've produced so much adrenaline this day that is hard to forget, specially at this point.
I was about to break, i was losing 2-0 and was 1 round away of being eliminated from the tournament, but on that last round, Kunimitsu on ropes everything just started to flow accordingly and my eyes simply adjusted to whatever it was annoying the hell out of me and that worry about getting eliminated started to fade away as i kept stealing wins from my opponent round by round. In the end i eliminated him 2-3 and never been so happy in my life.

2. MK9 Eddy Wang (Skarlet) vs Valdir BM-T (Cyrax) Finish Him 2013 - Grand Finals

Ever since i started playing MK9 i made all the way through the finals using Skarlet, but everytime i did, i've faced this damn death combo character so i kept switching to Sonya, Raiden, Kung Lao in order to win, but this time, i really wanted to win this tournament with Skarlet, so i suck it up and went for the win, i suffered, almost cried when he did a combo that decided a bracket reset but put myself together in the end and still won, it was so hype and breath taking even to those who were watching, this was the very first tournament where i played entirely Skarlet from start to finish and won, i will never forget that.

3. Eddy Wang (Ibuki) vs Marcio Don (Ken Masters) Ultra Street Fighter 4 - Winners finals
When i lost to Don on the grand finals a year before USF4 came out, i ordered my stick by @zaf recommendation and started playing street fighter more and more, by learning everything and try to breach a level i never though i would ever achive, lots of people took me out of the equation, but soon learned that i was a force to be recon with, on a very laggy monitor, i've faced my nemesis on a 2/3 tournament, and he giving me a perfect on the rematch after i took the first game winning with a sako wall combo (jump mk, mk~ex tsumuji ~U2) driving everyone nuts, the final game was decided on the last second, last round and last pixel, by him doing a DP, and i finish it with a back throw into an inescapable kazumi suzaku (super)

4. Eddy Wang (Skarlet) vs Vagney (Kabal) MK9 - Flawless Victory 2014 - Grand Finals
I hold this one to the heart because it was the tournament footages about it got lost, someone cut the videos and took it with them instead of copying, on this tournament i was just on another level, and won very convincigly going 2-0 against every single player in the community solely playing Skarlet, giving a flawless into Kabal at GF and finishing the set so fast, that he convinced himself there is no winning me on that game anymore.

5. MKXL - Eddy Wang (Hat Trick) Vs Hpito (Tempest) and Vs Smith (Buzzsaw) - Hit Confirm 3 - 2016
This was the very first tournament in 5 years where i got completely destroyed, i lost 3-0 against tempest with no answers to Hpito's play he just owned me on a hard drive and there was nothing i could do to escape, i even switched to scorpion but it was all done. And then on the losers, lost 3-1 against Smith's Buzzsaw who also owned me on a hard drive, they were so happy and i couldn't do anything about it, i had to hold those Ls so bad that they still party to this day, a unforgetable tournament were judce took it, leaving Vagney to tears again.
Still i really couldn't complain, considering how far i've been winning i still got 5th and still earned some cash out of it enough to provide my girlfriend funds for school and stuff, and in the end a different person won (but those Ls damn, it made me lab my character more looking to sharpen myself for the next event)

those 5 were the ones that have marked me pretty much, there are of course other ones, but these ones are my favorites, specially the last one, a lot of people were with the idea that i was impossible to win, Hpito has proven how far players can go, that guy has became my hero, he is practically the KL leader here, we have a 3 men team called FOREVER_KUNG, he plays tempest, Smith plays Buzzsaw, and i play Hat Trick.

#4everKung

Looking Forward to read your own experiences.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
1. Me versus Perfect Legend in ESL Season 3 (Mortal Kombat XL)

2. Me versus Hitbox Tyrant at Winter Brawl 9 (Killer Instinct)

Note: I'll include two videos for this item, one where I win 2-1 and one where Tyrant wins 2-1.

3. Me versus @YOMI DJT in ESL Season 3 (Mortal Kombat XL)

4. Me versus Chris G at The Fall Classic 2015 (Mortal Kombat X)

Note: This time, only one video will be included, but skip to 2:28:00 for our first set and then to 3:23:20 for the runback.

5. Me versus @YOMI FOREVER KING in ESL Season 3 (Mortal Kombat XL)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
1. MK9 vs Detroit Balln, Evo 2012

My first ever Evo, had to beat Detroit to make top 8. I always wanted to play him because he was only on PSN and I was only on Xbox, finally got to play for the first time.

2. MK9 vs Pboard, Evo 2013

I had to beat Pboard to make top 8, and the ending was one of the craziest I've ever had. Pboard prematurely popped off because he thought he finished me, but I actually had 1% health. I came back with some clutch movement.

3. Injustice vs Dropped Combos, NEC 2013

The first match was alright, nothing special really happened. The second match though was one of the most hilarious matches I've ever seen in a fighting game, I'll never forget this game.

4. Injustice vs Perfect Legend, Final Round 2013

This was a very memorable set. So many people talked to me about how funny this set was, and there was alot of drama around it. The commentary was pretty crazy. I've probably watched this YouTube video over 30 times, and I've heard multiple other people tell me they have too.

5. MKX vs DJT, The Fall Classic 2015

One of my toughest opponents DJT I had to fight in grand finals, probably one of the people I have the worst win ratio vs. But I was coming off hot from just winning Summer Jam, and I was on winner's side. I go up quickly 2-0 with Predator, then he pulls out Sub Zero and proceeds to win 2 matches back to back even quicker. To stop him from resetting the bracket I go Goro and the crowd goes wild.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
1. Beating Glass Sword at CEO 2015 after an accidental raw nutpunch on block. I was going for DF 1, Nutpunch to chip him out with a Brutality, and DF 1 did not come out. I was so happy I still won that I lost feeling in my legs and fell after the pop off.

2. Hitting an 80% Superman combo on Drifter to come back from a life deficit and take the win while @HoneyBee and Biohazard watched.

3. Beating @GGA Jeremiah at KIT a year after he beat me at KIT. Getting revenge at the same tournament was pretty cool.

4-5. Winning any preliminary matches to prevent me from going 0-2 :p

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
1) me vs. hitbox tyrant at toasty Tuesdays.
Mostly because I feel straight up disrespected that he didn't go jax against me. He went commando kano on me at first. I bodied that because fuck dude, that hurts that you used your wrist charger Against me and expected to win. Then he went to killer leatherface where I won one March and he brought it back with a shit load of stuff I had no idea how to deal with since I never played against killer. I had no idea what the fuck to do. This was probably the most insulting tournament experience I ever had. And it was on my 20th birthday lol.
2) me vs. YOMI Slayer, WNF.
everyone immediately just wrote me off as having zero chance, even my clan members wrote me off. But I gave him a fight and nearly took it but I dropped a combo for the win and he brought it back. And looking back at that footage makes me cringe because of how many fuck ups I did and how nothing I did was optional. I know that if I get a run back with him, I WILL beat him.
3) me vs han rashid, socal regionals 2015, and a shit load of locals
Because he bodies me every time and I can't beat him for the life of me, I have yet to take a match on him. God damn it
4) Me vs. KillTheGovernment. Toasty Tuesdays
Because this is the only footage of my play that I'm somewhat proud of Eden though I still made some stupid mistakes, but overall I played pretty well and my spacing was pretty damn good in that set at times.
5) me vs. EGP Cheeko, WNF
My most recent tournament match where I for the first time experienced getting aliened. I was up 2-1 and he switched to alien, I then guessed wrong every single time and lost. Fuck I was so salty, I then ran it back on casuals later and got my revenge.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Eliminating PND Twin Brothers in tournament and then Beating again PND Mustard in Final round at Insomnia 2012. Being the 1st Kabal in EU on top. Few local tourneys but nothing as hype as this. You can watch the of the last around at 21:14