What's new

Question What are Doomsday's favorite stages?

Here are my top 3 in no particular order:

• Metropolis (streets): Doomsday loves the left side of this stage. off of any body splash, he can link just a stand 3. On hit, he can hit the machine gun interactable into b3 into combo for around 40% damage. With his back to the corner he can end with 23~AA grab for 40% and leave the enemy in the corner. If his standing 3 is blocked, this leaves him at +7 and at max range for a f23 followup. Obviously this isn't guaranteed as the opponent can armor, backdash, or jump out, but doomsday has options to beat all 3 of those counters. Doomsday is in read city on this map, and gets more rewarded for doing it here than anywhere else in the game.
  • Wayne Manor (Courtyard): Doomsday's corner pressure is unparalleled on this stage. The left side car interactable does not hit point blank, so your opponents cannot panic MB Interactible to get out on the left side. The same is true on the right, your opponent must jump in order to hit the statue interactable, meaning that it is that much harder for your opponents to escape Doomsday's corner pressure and oki.
  • Fortress of Solitude (Laboratory): This one is really similar to Metropolis (Streets). On the right side, Doomsday gets an option select on his 33 string allowing him to get free combos for no risk or extra work whatsoever. On the left side of the stage, he gets crazy meterless corner damage with those stage interactables.
I feel like there's a sort of checklist in order to pick stages that are advantageous for Doomsday. Here's the criteria I think we need to keep in mind when choosing stages that most benefit our character.
  • The more combo extending interactables (wall bounces or otherwise) the better, Doomsday is in dire need of the extra damage and meterless wall carry.
  • The less/worse the corner interactables, the better. You want it to be as difficult as possible to escape Doomsday once he corners you, as he'll be at a meter deficit once he gets you there. Force your opponent to pushblock or risk an armor f3/b3 if they wanna spend that bar.
  • Doomsday loves the Asylum TVs.

cyke_out

Noob
After UFGT, it has been shown than versus non-power characters, going to Metropolis roof is a major advantage.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Metropolis is an easy call.

My favorite is Atlantis.

You're either in the corner, within range of a Meter-burnable interactible, or within range of a 3 3/Body Splash.

At all times, one or more of those things is true.

Forfer

Noob
Does anyone have problems with the weaker character continuously using the side interactables in atlantis? It seems as doomsday with proper planning doomsday would never be able to get in on people if they continuously use the interactable. Trying to get them to whiff the interactable does not seem like a great plan as most of the cast has projectiles to deal damage and build bar to meter burn the interactable and chip you to death.

If someone has encountered this situation and knows how to get in it would be helpful. I have tried meter burned supernova to get in, but if they meterburn the interactable you get sent flying out still. If they are patient enough they will just chip you with projectiles and then when you go in to move they will meter burn the interactable and push you out. There doesn't seem to be a safe or smart solution to get in other than hoping they read you wrong. Even whiffing your supernova so they whiff the interactable has not worked well since the cooldown on the interactable is very low and they can usually follow it up with projectiles or you will get hit by the interactable since it reaches fairly far across the screen.

I've only come across this scenario three times and it seems incredibly broken and I can't find any counterplay. I know the interactable stops working after 15 times more or less. Which is more than ample enough times to keep you out or kill you. Its an uncommon strategy in online play since most people suck, but this seems completely broken. Also I know breaking the glass as doomsday does nothing to stop them from using the interactable.