What's new

What am I supposed to do?

Ryskew

Noob
Hey TYM Zatanna players,

I bought Zatanna, despite being told several times not to, basically because I like her. She seems like a solid character if played well, too. I'm just unsure what I'm actually supposed to do as her. Every Zatanna player I've been against so far didn't really know what they were doing and just tried to spam the ring projectiles, which makes me wonder what her game is.

Am I supposed to teleport and get in with combos, link them to jump ins with levitate? I know she has a vortex, which I still need to look up (a link would be great help :)) but as I said, people seem to just teleport away, linking rings, nobody has yet caught me with a puppet master to then f3 or b3 me from it. I just don't know.

I'm solid with my combos, I know combos to counter some situations as well as various ones for setting her trait up, but they're usually from unsafe jump-ins etc. It's just getting in which I find a pain, although I'm sure I can adapt. I still think Zatanna has some absolutely filthy tech hidden somewhere.

So please, what I ask, is to explain how you get in within most situations, what your playstyle is with her, and hopefully I can adapt to her easily. Thanks in advance. ;)

AU_SUCK

MEOW
I don't main Zatanna but I've dabbled with her a little since she came out. Zoning is huge part of her game. You really have to utilize all of her projectiles. Her vortex is also a very good option if you have the meter to spare. The simple version is basically to end all of your combos with puppet master j2. Off the j2 your at a lot of advantage and you can go into her low or overhead starter. It seems like her divekick is good for getting in (although unsafe). other than that punish projectiles with teleports into combos. learn when you can cannot use her trait. In my opinion the hardest thing in her gameplan to learn is when to use her strings. Shes rediculously slow......

Ryskew

Noob
ummmmm.....why dont u just go to the zatanna forum for this?
I've been looking around the Zatanna forums a little, seems it's quite dead in there. I'm not looking for tech I'm just asking for how people play as her.

watch deg222 and GGA pimpimjim for zatanna tech
Thanks! I'll make sure I do.

I don't main Zatanna but I've dabbled with her a little since she came out. Zoning is huge part of her game. You really have to utilize all of her projectiles. Her vortex is also a very good option if you have the meter to spare. The simple version is basically to end all of your combos with puppet master j2. Off the j2 your at a lot of advantage and you can go into her low or overhead starter. It seems like her divekick is good for getting in (although unsafe). other than that punish projectiles with teleports into combos. learn when you can cannot use her trait. In my opinion the hardest thing in her gameplan to learn is when to use her strings. Shes rediculously slow......
Yeah, her projectiles are pretty much a guess when it comes to a jump. Her trait is quite slow too, although the block chip + meter build is insane. Lightning Rod is pretty much all I utilise out of it.

If you're on PSN, we can hit practice mode. It would be better if you're on Xbox so that you can play with Deg222 though.

Ryskew

Noob
If you're on PSN, we can hit practice mode. It would be better if you're on Xbox so that you can play with Deg222 though.
I'm on Xbox, I'll try and contact him. Hopefully he'll show me a thing or two if he's not busy. :)

well here's a real good and long set from deg. should help u out
Thank you very much. I've already picked up a few tactics, like his MB db1 into puppet master when they're blocking the overhead. This will be a great way to teleport and get in.

I'm on Xbox, I'll try and contact him. Hopefully he'll show me a thing or two if he's not busy. :)

Thank you very much. I've already picked up a few tactics, like his MB db1 into puppet master when they're blocking the overhead. This will be a great way to teleport and get in.
if u wanna play on xbox u can add Monster Blood if u want. always looking for new people to play with

Oh, also, do you have any idea why after Puppet Master Deg222 always teleport infront twice? It's a bit strange.
its probably a timing thing im guessing. doing 2 teleports might be just the right amount of time for puppet master to wear off so he can do the vortex. im just guessing though it might just be cuz it looks good lol

its probably a timing thing im guessing. doing 2 teleports might be just the right amount of time for puppet master to wear off so he can do the vortex. im just guessing though it might just be cuz it looks good lol
It works the same.
Vortex with a whiffed normal, or a combo extender, it's the same. It builds meter.

As a gimmick, I like to teleport behind them, then back, etc just to add a little confusion for fun lol

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
her ring builds good meter on block and can anti air from far/full screen, but has bad chip and damage. also slow startup. she really has no neutral game. and for the vortex use air 2 levitate cancel 2, it gives more advantage than just air 2.